GoPro's Mobile Apps Quik™ And Splice Make Video Editing A Child's Play

On Wednesday, GoPro Splice joined the ranks of refurbished and re-launched mobile video editing apps, alongside Quik, previously known as Replay. The company had earlier scooped these two apps in February for a handsome $105 million in cash and equity. In a boon to non-GoPro users, both of these apps will accommodate videos shot on your smartphone, enabling the creation of high-quality videos with a few screen taps.

GoPro Splice enhances your video editing with a wider range of filters, transitions, and text options. This Splice GoPro app also allows users to make specific edits, such as adding sound effects to the video, or synchronizing multiple audio tracks.

Back in 2015, GoPro faced significant challenges, with stock value and revenue plummeting drastically. This led to layoffs and a downturn in GoPro's financial forecasts for 2016. The hardship can be traced back to the surge of high-end smartphones capable of recording HD, 4K, and impressive slow-motion footage, rivaling GoPro in terms of quality.

gopro-quik-splice-apps

GoPro Quik is a user-friendly app allowing you to craft professional-looking videos effortlessly, regardless of your video editing proficiency. You can choose multiple videos on your phone, then add your preferred music. GoPro Quik then deploys an algorithm which automatically identifies the best moments in each video, incorporating suitable effects, filters, and transitions.

Splice by GoPro offers a more advanced level of editing. Speed alterations, a broader array of filters, transitions, and text are all at your disposal. Splice by GoPro gives the user the power to make specific edits like adding sound effects or overlapping audio tracks.

CEO Nick Woodman stressed the need for software solutions to simplify GoPro content manipulation in the company's February quarterly report. With the introduction of Quik and GoPro Splice, the company has not only marked its territory in the smartphone domain but also eased the process for GoPro users who spend significant time sifting through footage for that perfect shot.

GoPro video editing has been made even more accessible through the company's mobile creative suite. Starting today, it is available for free download across app stores. GoPro video editing tools Quik and Go Pro Splice can be found on both Android and iOS stores, although Splice GoPro is currently only available on iOS.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi.. I have 200ah lead acid battery which is discharged for some time and i wanna know the remaining ah in battery can any one tell me how to find...
Hello everyone. I'm studying mechanical engineering but now I'm at Foreign language preparation class. I am improving myself about aircraft and space areas. I wanted to be expert in these...
Forensic science depends on unique fingerprint patterns or genetic material to identify an individual with 100% certainty. Analogously, ubiquitous electromagnetic radio waves that emanate from almost all laptops are about...
It is as cheap as it can get with the new Intex Aqua Joy. For a price of just Rs. 2799 you will be able to enjoy Android 5.1 (Lollipop)...
A friend sent this in: Quote: Need urgently 75 BE computers candidates with or without experience for IBM Bangalore location. Pls inform anybody if u know. Salary 35 to 45...