Google's World Cup 2014 Doodle Marks The Start Of Brazil's Football Mania

The World Cup is about to begin in a few hours and Google has already posted a doodle on its homepage marking the launch of the most-awaited sporting event on the whole planet. It has never happened in the past that Google failed to create an interactive doodle for a major sporting event. Remember all the cool Olympic game doodles which allowed everyone to try their hand at sports such as Hurdling and Kayaking?

The World Cup 2014 doodle starts by showing a yellow and blue football (the colors of Brazil National flag) which bounces into the center of the screen. As soon as the ball reaches the center, the innocent looking G,O,O,G,L and E letters start jumping up and down sprouting tiny legs and hands symbolizing the fans that make the sport exhilarating. A view of Rio De Jenerio pops up in the background. You can see the palm trees, the cable cars and the city’s iconic Sugar Loaf Mountain with the statue of Christ the Redeemer.
[​IMG]
Once you click on the logo, the latest news on the FIFA World Cup starting with the fixtures for the day appear along with the official FIFA website and so on. As the tournament will progress, you’ll be able to see match results, group standings and so on.

It will be a huge event for Google as well, explaining why it is pulling out all the stops.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    FIFA 2014 is a major event for the entire world and most of the souls have interest in it; then how come Google could left untouched.

Awesome Doodle it was, and here come second one in series !
    GD
  • Akhilesh Garud
    Akhilesh Garud
    The third one comes today. Looks like Google will be introducing a new doodle everyday.

[​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Starbucks has a new offer on the menu and its caffeine free. The coffee giant is teaming up with Duracell to offer wireless charging of smartphones along with their usual...
Hi good people ! I am looking for the best book for electrical installation design for residential and commercial buildings that gives comprehensive informaton from start to finish( comply with...
Microsoft recently rolled out an update to Skype for iPhone app. This update comes with a notable change in the interface, tweaks in its messaging and group chat options and...
My childhood memories would be incomplete without those annoying events of my bike's chain falling off the gears whenever I was late for the school. I believe most of you...
India's ambitious Mars Orbiter Mission is currently on track and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced that the second Trajectory Correction Maneuver aka TCM-2 has been successfully performed....