Google is digitising your old news papers

You will soon be able to read the news papers that your grand fathers read when they were a kid. Yes, Google, who never gives up on expanding its searchable archives started an ambitious project 2 years back to digitize all the news papers that have been printed and still exist for over 200 years!

"For more than 200 years, matters of local and national significance have been conveyed in newsprint--from revolutions and politics to fashion to local weather or high school football scores. Around the globe, we estimate that there are billions of news pages containing every story ever written. And it's our goal to help readers find all of them," wrote Punit Soni, a product manager at Google
Here is the main link from Channelweb. #-Link-Snipped-#

They are planning to digitize and archive the stories as exact as they originally appeared. They have started with New York Times and Washington Post. They will soon be spreading their wings all across. Guys, I don't know why, but I have a strange fear in my mind. Google is entering in every nook and corner of our life. Are they going to dominate us?😔

Replies

• kedarjk
    kedarjk
    I think its a very positive thing. So Google will be having backup of all the things. We need not worry about the old junk data then.
    Google is and will be dominating all the search engines obviously.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey I need to make a lifting mechanism for a ladderway on a catapiller truck on a mine.It cant be hydrolic.plzz i need ideas
Alright these are very simple and actually very stupid riddles. But lets see how soon can you crack them. Six glasses are in a row. The first three are full...
Hi All, From last 2-3 days I'm facing a problem with my desktop. I have installed WinXP and Linux on my machine. After starting the machine, if I start using...
CEans, 🎉20,000 🎉 🎉Crazy Engineers🎉 ​ Today, we welcome our 20,000[sup]th[/sup] CEan - neech. In our mission of uniting engineers from all over the world, we've joined hands with 20,000...
Discuss the announcement - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/4582-20-000-crazy-engineers-all-over-world.html In this thread 😁