Google Homepage and Logo Revamped- Menu Bar Trashed For App Launcher!

Search-giant Google has initiated rolling out its newly revamped homepage and logo, following the furbishing of Yahoo logo and Microsoft Bing search utility. The new logo is flattened and reshaped slight, while the menu bar has paved way for lesser span of links on the topmost right side. To reveal other products - such as Google Drive storage, YouTube videos or the Android app Play Store - visitors to the firm's search page must now click on the App grid (the icon made up of small squares). A Google spokesperson hinted at similar changes gradually effecting across its products.

Screen Shot 2013-09-21 at 9.42.49 AM

The #-Link-Snipped-#blog added that Google intends to streamline users' experience of its services so as to avoid unnecessary distractions. This is the first change in Google logo since 2010, and not all online users shall be seeing the redesign LIVE as of yet. To reveal other products - such as Google Drive storage, YouTube videos or the Android app Play Store - visitors to the firm's search page must now click on an icon made up of small squares. "I do think that there is a move to try to make Google+ more central to everything its users do," said Carolina Milanesi from the tech advisors Gartner. "It might be the case that it is not obvious to some people that they need to click on the box to reveal the firm's other services."

Screen Shot 2013-09-21 at 9.43.39 AM
Cutting down the number of links may boost social network Google Plus' activity, suggests an analyst. Sarah Rotman Epps, an analyst at the tech consultancy Forrester, stated that this is a season for tech updates, and no matter what the service, all just want to appear fresh before Christmas fest. And as most of these software companies depend on user loyalty, the changes made are quite subtle so as to not alienate their existing customers.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    And we thought that the Google homepage couldn't be more simpler! 😁
    The revamp features a flattened, reshaped logo and replaces the previous menu bar with a smaller range of links on the page's right-hand side. So much for the looks! Whoa.
    And I think one of the disadvantages of this launcher is that a lot of users might not realise it's even there as the app grid is hidden till the user clicks on the launcher button.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    now we need to click more to go specific service. they did just like it for youtube.
    earlier to change resolution there only 2 clicks required now we need 3 clicks. that not good.
    Better they will expand this menu on hover only.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    I personally like this new renovated look. While Yahoo logo change amounts to zilch, the new Google homepage clears a huge clutter. Also, 'The Verge forum'-like App Launcher looks cool! 😀
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes i agree to ankita and inoop.mostly users want a simpler and easy navigational menu to search their favorites but making it a two stage or three stage will hinder the ease of usage.We want every app to be visible like the old one.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Updated the post with new images from your sincerely's revamped Google profile! 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Is anyone here in India able to see the revamped page? I am still seeing the old and bold version.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Is anyone here in India able to see the revamped page? I am still seeing the old and bold version.
    Google's said it will take 'a few weeks' time for the global roll-out. I wonder why do they take so much time to roll out a new logo? Just replace the image file with the new logo and you're on!

But the other 'technical' rollouts may obviously take time. They first release it in the United States, see how it works and then roll it out in India and other countries.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am able to see the new logo page in India!!
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Ankita Katdare
    Check the post images! 😀 Many Indians now have the new version. Others shall get it soon enough it seems.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The looks are better and the ease of use is much better than that of the older one

And I am eagerly waiting for the global roll out

Is there any specific deadline before it will be up for the whole world?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, After receiving several complaints and reviewing each one of them, we've concluded that we need a change in the rules that apply to CEoM. Please note the changes carefully...
I was wondering if there are any startup companies in India that've been actively working in the 3D printing domain. The technology, IMHO, is still in nascent stage and is...
hello! guys computer as a digital machine work very well! can anyone explain to me how and what a the common element of computer as a system.
Every morning you wake up and log-in to your Facebook account to see what your friends are up to these days. Initially, you used to browse through all posts from...
As Apple fans globally welcome iOS 7 and new Apple devices like the not-so-cheap iPhone 5C and the iPhone 5S with fingerprint sensor, iOS apps too are getting a revamp....