Google acquired Quest Visuals, makers of Word Lens Translator

Have you ever visited France, Spain, Japan, China, Korea or countries where English is not the primary language?

You must have faced issues while reading sign-boards or restaurant menu. At-least, I always wished I could knew the language of that country so that I wouldn't have felt so helpless. #-Link-Snipped-# by quest visual the mobile app has always acted as savior for me, that translates the words in real time in any language.

Yesterday, Tech giant Google has reportedly offered and closed the deal with the Word Lens maker Quest Visual; If sources are to be believed Google has done this deal to boost its Translate platform. however Industry experts are saying that may be they will be extensively using the same for the Google Glass as well.

The detail about the deal is not yet rolled out.

Interestingly Quest Visual will have offered its app free for limited time, at Google and apple app store. #-Link-Snipped-#home page says

By joining Google, we can incorporate Quest Visual's technology into Google Translate's broad language coverage and translation capabilities in the future. As a thank you to everybody who supported us on our journey, we've made both the app and the language packs free to download for a limited time while we transition to Google.

We're looking forward to continuing our work at Google - stay tuned!
What's your say about the deal?

Whatever, I know for sure that this amalgamation is going to be good for end user.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    yeah.Its a great news for tech lovers. Is Google trying to strenghthen its translating software?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are there job openings for Mechanical freshers...??
Nokia India has come up with a new low-budget smartphone with Nokia 225 priced at Rs. 3199. The phone weighs 99.8 g and has a 2.8 inch screen with QVGA...
Quote: People who pack their cars and drive like Clark Griswold in National Lampoon’s “Vacation” pay a steep penalty when it comes to fuel economy, according to a report by...
FESTO ups the ante on mechanical flight. They have deciphered bird mechanics. Tell it to the birds? Quote: SmartBird is an ultralight but powerful flight model with excellent aerodynamic qualities...
This deserves to be one a separate thread now. Requesting admin to copy the other threads from Narendra Modi discussion. Everyone share your experiences here.