GATE or GRE - Which One To Choose? And Why?

I get a lot of messages through PM service and email asking 'Which one is better : GRE or GATE?'
The dilemma continues eternally among many final year engineering students.

I saw this topic being discussed on different websites and even in the Career-Help section in newspapers here.

I have replied to many depending upon their choice of interest and all.

Since we have many talented engineers here, I want CEans to answer this question.

GATE or GRE - Which One Would You Choose And Why?

Let's compile all your answers and update this post, with a concrete solution.

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    I guess the main answer lies between the choice of studying in INDIA or abroad. GATE ppl generally choose it as they want to go to one of finest institutions in country i.e. IITs. GRE ppl want to study abroad for MS.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    sir,i saw my senior he was recruited in cts...when i asked him whether you will go for job or for higher studies he replied as such"i will try in other companies..if they wont come i will do m.s"is it possible for a student willing to do m.s to concentrate on recruitment in campus drives...how can a person can stabilize his mind of getting a job and willing to do m.s....i am in confusion rather than himm...help me ceans..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As per IIT page, Online Application process will start on 31st October, 2011. If anyone has more information regarding this, please post here.
Here is the cut-off of IIT-JEE For 2011: [TABLE="width: 37%, align: left"] [TR] [TD="width: 16%"]Category​[/TD] [TD="colspan: 3"]MQMR​[/TD] [TD="width: 32%"]Aggregate cut-off​[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="width: 17%"]Chemistry​[/TD] [TD="width: 13%"]Physics​[/TD] [TD="width: 22%"]Mathematics​[/TD] [/TR] [TR]...
Physics Syllabus For IIT JEE 2012: General: Units and dimensions, dimensional analysis; least count, significant figures; Methods of measurement and error analysis for physical quantities pertaining to the following experiments:...
You can download the following PDF For Complete IIT JEE 2012 Chemistry Syllabus:
You can download the following PDF For Complete IIT JEE 2012 Mathematics Syllabus: