Flipkart In-a-Day Guarantee - It's {Update: NOT} Awesome!

Just wanted to write a short review of Flipkart's in-a-day delivery service. I ordered Netgear WN3000RP wireless range extender (wireless repeater) yesterday at about 2 PM. I decided to pay an additional of Rs. 90 to try out Flipkart's in-a-day delivery service and boy! I already have the product in my hands! It's < 24 hours that Flipkart got the product delivered to me. Considering that today is Sunday; I'm really happy that the product was delivered to me; while the promised date of delivery was Monday!

The service is currently available in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Noida, Pune, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Nagpur and if you are ordering anything in any of these cities, I'd strongly recommend trying out the service.

The facility would be awesome for those last minute gifts that you may want to order!

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Surely a great boon for last minute decision makers and wishers.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    A good move by Flipkart.
    Service is quite fast with blue dart.Once I asked flipkart to deliver in one day with extra charge but they refused. It will definitely give edge over other player.
    I believe this service will be used in gifts and apparels.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Good to see Indian company matching up to eBay now promise!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, it turns out that Flipkart's In-A-Day Guarantee isn't just as awesome as I initially thought. They did fail to deliver one of my previous orders in time and since 'In-A-Day' was offered free of cost to me; they had nothing to say for the broken promise.

But the latest 'In-a-Day' thing is quite amusing. I decided to order a set of three books for my father. Flipkart suggested that I should compliment the order with the 4th book in the series. So I went for the 'combo' [set of 3 books + 4th book]. At the time of payment, Flipkart asked me to pay "Rs. 180" [90 each] for the order!

I immediately contacted their customer care through chat. The executive came up with a funny logic that the items may not be shipped from the same warehouse and therefore we must pay Rs. 90 twice for the books to be shipped at the same address. I asked them why can't they just figure out whether the books will be shipped from single warehouse so that I can get the order delivered In-A-Day for just Rs. 90? The executive said he can't do that! W.T.F?

I decided to go for normal delivery.

Flipkart really needs to fix stupid problems!
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    I booked moto g on Saturday 5 April, the delivery date given to me was 14 April (Due to remote location). But, to my utter surprise the phone got delivered today Itself.. 😀 good work Flipkart !

P.S : I feel that the booking done against online payment are given more preference than the one booked for pay on delivery mode. (As i'v tried both the options)
  • avii
    avii
    Vikram S Bargah
    I feel that the booking done against online payment are given more preference than the one booked for pay on delivery mode. (As i'v tried both the options)
    I confirm this. Most of the times I have received my orders in two days.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends, in India iit & niits are the top band institutes for the engineering students and also iim for the management students. Every student wants to get access to...
hello guys every body get famillier with the name of the drone. when this name is comes out every budy thinks about the spying a area from sky. yes it...
hi Guys now a days the mobile or smartphone companies are introduciing the curved screen phones the lg and samsung are launced or very near to launch them but can...
hello friends, i am here about 4-5 months back and i like this platform so much. Guys i searching for this kind of engineers platform from so long and my...
I Have eye sight, can i do b.tech in aeronoutical engineering??