Eye Sight issues & ability to opt for B.Tech in aeronautical engineering

I Have eye sight, can i do b.tech in aeronoutical engineering??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    krngd2
    I Have eye sight, can i do b.tech in aeronoutical engineering??
    I don't think there's any issue with getting an engineering degree.
  • krngd2
    krngd2
    Some of my friends told me that people with eye sight are not eligible to aeronoutical engineering. Is that true??
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Not everyone who do aeronautical engineering fly a jet.
    They also need engineers to handle systems.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    krngd2
    Some of my friends told me that people with eye sight are not eligible to aeronoutical engineering. Is that true??
    "Eye sight" is the ability to see. It's not clear what kind of problem you have with the eye sight. If you're suffering from blindness or partial blindness; I think that could be a problem. You should check with the college you are applying to.
  • krngd2
    krngd2
    Kaustubh Katdare
    "Eye sight" is the ability to see. It's not clear what kind of problem you have with the eye sight. If you're suffering from blindness or partial blindness; I think that could be a problem. You should check with the college you are applying to.
    - 1.5 eye sight ( long distance blurness )
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    krngd2
    - 1.5 eye sight ( long distance blurness )
    Ha! That's nothing. If it creates any problem for admission; you can always opt for LASIK.

First enquire at the engineering school you're applying to.
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    -1.5 D myopia is acceptable for Aeronautical Engg courses in India. I believe there should be no issues while applying for jobs in the industry either.

However, you might face a problem if applying for fighter pilot course in the Indian Air Force. Otherwise, for transport pilot course they accept -1.5 D myopia.
    I have recently heard that the Indian Air Force has also started accepting candidates who have undergone LASIK vision correction, subject to certain terms and conditions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I m abhishek yadav.I am doing my BE 3 rd yr in electronic and communication.i mThinking upon going for. Either vlsi training or java cousre. Need your suggestion whether I...
The most basic question that wasn't answered by any textbook - why is the gravitational force attractive in nature and not repulsive? Tried thinking about it for some time and...
According to a new research, computers that act like brains have been made possible. Human brain has the ability to learn from its own mistakes. Mimicking this behavior is the...
If you love Chocolates and are a self-proclaimed chocoholic, this stuff is exclusively for you. Just in time for New Year 2014 and Easter, Choc Edge has launched the world's...
Tata Motors is readying new version of Tata Nano. The older version of Tata Nano didn't do well and it's expected that the upcoming version will have a Diesel engine....