Final Year Electronics / Electrical Engineering Project: Automatic Parking Payments

Here's an idea for your final year electronics or electrical engineering project - the concept itself has been designed by Audi; but I'm sure the smarter students will add their own twists to the project and make it better. Here's an abstract of the project-

There have already been several automatic parking projects, but yet, most of the parking stations require the users to pay for the parking fees on their own, manually. Audi's concept is called Audi Connect Wireless Payment. It allows the cars to automatically pay for the parking fees without you having to stop and waste time. Of course, all the money spent will be sourced from your pockets.

The system requires an RFID chip to be stuck to the windshield of the vehicle. The owner must activate the transmitter through online registration process. The system then keeps track of your log-in and log-out at parking stations and prepares your monthly bill - which is then sent to the owner at the end of month.

The system removes the hassle of paying for the parking slots right on time, searching for change and wasting a lot of time in the process. The new system is almost real-time and eliminates longer queues at parking stations.

I'm sure students looking for a project idea can quickly implement this as their final year academic project submission. Think how can you make this better and add more features.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I think I have heard this a while before in a paper presentation by one of our fellow CEans #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On Tuesday, China fired off its Shenzhou-10 spacecraft with three of the astronauts on board: commander Nie Haisheng; Zhang Xiaoguang, assistant to Nie; and female crew member Wang Yaping who...
About a year ago, you had read about British multinational grocery and general merchandise retailer Tesco’s innovation of virtual shelves at airports and how they brought groceries to your house...
We at CE, have been constantly been amazed with the work of drones, whether it’s their work on the battlefield in Afghanistan or their job of surveillance at German train...
If there are two bulbs connected in series to 230v supply, why low watts bulb glow brighter?
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd launched GALAXY S4 Zoom today. The phone is being seen as the amalgamation of the company’s flagship Samsung Galaxy S4 and the GALAXY Camera. The Android...