Extract Out Images From PDF Files.

So, you have a pdf file & you want to extract out images from it ? Here's the short & cute guide.

1) We need to install poppler-utils first.(In latest version of Ubuntu, it's already installed)
 sudo apt-get install poppler-utils 
2) Now change the directory where your .pdf file is located. Mine is located under /Downloads directory as shown in image below :
 cd Downloads 
3) Now extract the image from the pdf file :
In my case,
 pdfimages -j practical_arduino.pdf CE 
Press "Enter"

1. Here, pdfimages is console application name which is part of poppler-utils.
  2. -j means JPEG will stay JPEG only.
  3. practical_arduino.pdf = name_of_file.pdf
  4. CE = All the extracted images will have CE as prefix.

4) Images will be extracted within few seconds :
And we get the required extracted images from PDF 👍

Replies

• Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Good info .May be somwhere I could use it in my case study .But as an Windows user I xtract images using snipping tool software 😀 .
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    shailaja revathi
    But as an Windows user I xtract images using snipping tool software 😀 .
    That's time consuming, isn't it ?
    It took around 5 seconds to extract all image from entire 400 page ebook 👍
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    5 seconds to extract all image from entire 400 page ebook
    Against this ratio yes it's time consuming other wise using it's ok -you need only 2 seconds to get one image i.e you have to just run that software and select your image and paste it in paint.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    shailaja revathi
    Against this ratio yes it's time consuming other wise using it's ok -you need only 2 seconds to get one image i.e you have to just run that software and select your image and paste it in paint.
    I am not perfectionist, but I like something to be very accurate.
    So, in process of manually snipping image with the application from a file, even if a pixel is missed, it hurts my soul.

Anyways, as you're planning to do case-study of Linux based OS, I think you should try some Linux distros 😁
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Sure,Mr.accurationist 😎 and Linux-lover.😁
  • Nana Klinton
    Nana Klinton
    HI there
    Thanks for your nice sharing.I have encountered a problem in C# PDF Text Reader Library: how to get, read, extract text (with line, table) from PDF file using c# .net. Free open source examples files.I tried to do that using this code:
    public String GetText(PDFDocument doc, int pageNum, int index, int count)
    {
    PDFPage page = (PDFPage)doc.GetPage(pageNum);
    return page.GetText(index, count);
    }
    But it can not work.I want to know that if there is any other code which supports to do that.Thanks a lot

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I keep my temperature at 26 c and 18000 btu for normal 1.5 ton ac.
Bharathi Indian Polar Station at Antarctica, a cool 27,000 sq.ft workspace constructed using shipping containers has been commissioned by India's National Center For Antarctic & Ocean Research. The station will...
Hi, i need an details about ups and how to identify the fault in ups. which software is used for identify the fault in ups and how to download the...
Please try opening this : https://selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in/irj/portal I am trying for few minutes & it's not showing up anything. Please inform me.
Raijin - that is the name of Australia's top supercomputer. The name Raijin comes from Japanese God of thunder, lightning and storms. The top speed Raijin can operate at is...