Explanation of Moore's Law

hey guys i have seen the moores law definition as the no of transistors used in computer microprocessors double each year
wheras i have also read that its not the transistors but all the components together..which is more precise or do u have a better definition given by moore ?

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    the best parameter to confirm Moore's law is:

"the number of transistors per unit area of the chip and per cost"

if you take the above parameter into account, you will find that it inculcates all the definition that you have read so far..

So the modified Moore's law says that the number of transistors per unit area of the chip and per cost will continue to increase by a factor of two every year.

very very thanks to the advancement in the VLSI technology that allows us to see the digital world as it is now...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

india is booming with engineering colleges ..especially in the state of kerala every year many emerge ..will this create an unwanted swarm ?should a restriction be imposed and rather bringing...
😔 https://library.thinkquest.org/C002291/high/present/stats.htm
During a recent power cut or "load shedding" when the temperatures was in the fifties, I was in the process of saying thanks to whoever invented and marketed the inverter,...
How Transistor is used as resistor, capacitor. inductor and also transmitter and receiver? How do they were construct for resistor, capacitor. inductor and also transmitter and receiver?
Hi all. I am about to finish my BE by June and I have got selected in a software company with annual CTC of 3.2 LPA.The job is in Bangalore...