Number of engineering colleges on the rise? Matter of concern or not?

india is booming with engineering colleges ..especially in the state of kerala every year many emerge ..will this create an unwanted swarm ?should a restriction be imposed and rather bringing up of new ones the existing should be empowered and uplifted..

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    #-Link-Snipped-# I think the matter of concern should be that these institutions should provide the quality education, restricting the bringing up of new ones would not be a great move as the rising population needs proper education😒 , but the quality is needed to be maintained so that the engineers should be employable after completing the courses👀 .
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    We don't need more engineering students to pass out each year from the existing colleges, we need more engineers! The fact is, we all passed out as students. The training in our companies have made us engineers. It's sad when a lot of mugging up goes to waste. Ofcourse, you use whatever you have learned somewhere in life, but the big picture does have lots of blurry spots!
  • jishnu nair
    jishnu nair
    rahul69
    #-Link-Snipped-# I think the matter of concern should be that these institutions should provide the quality education, restricting the bringing up of new ones would not be a great move as the rising population needs proper education😒 , but the quality is needed to be maintained so that the engineers should be employable after completing the courses👀 .
  • Lalit77
    Lalit77
    Its really a big concern rising in India.Engineering institutes are becoming finacial centers for big political fishes rather than intellectual places.Yes,developing india reqiures engineers for sure but they should be emplyable meaning really eligible after pass out.These new institutions are really a quality deteriorating places.Its not about blaming them but it is the play against student's career also and compromising about the quality of eduacation as well.Days are not so far when large amount of engineers will stay without any core job.👎
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    The day Indians realize vocational education (and a little bit of hard work) is more important than Paper Degree with only a possibility (not certainty) of getting one a job, the situation will be under control. Till then this money making business will continue.
  • mail154
    mail154
    A Matter of concern for sure. Watch threads in CE related to it indirectly. there are plenty available. with these we would end up with population is directly proportional to engineers
  • Prashanth Raj
    Prashanth Raj
    concern 'coz there are not enough eligible profs....i mean experienced people....
    Andhra has about 720+ i guess😨😐
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I think government should stop giving license to new colleges and concentrate on developing new medical colleges.India is a vast country which requires more medical colleges than engineering colleges to build a better environment.
    Professors should be updated more and worthy projects should be encouraged more.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    The rate of increasing Engineering colleges is more than the rate of students input. This results in a lot of seats to go rogue and used for dummy purposes. this should be regulated. Stopping the licenses would not help in any case. What they have to do is maintain a strict control and monitor quality. Only then the exponential growth will be justifies. Otherwise, it is just a liability.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    So why always go for engineering colleges ?
    India has the lowest doctor to people ratio that is 1 doctor for 2000 people.There are about >8lakh registered doctors where they serve about 120billion.
    So why not go for medical colleges¿
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Mate it is because, becoming a Dr is not a simple thing. And we need Drs to be perfect. You spoil a car and me screwing up a software can be fixed anytime. Dr cannot screw. So increasing medical colleges isn't the solution to improving the ratio. And it is perfectly working as they didn't commercialize that profession at educational level yet. Once they make it like engineering, I wont be able to go to a clinic for simple issues. The trust factor will be gone.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😔 https://library.thinkquest.org/C002291/high/present/stats.htm
During a recent power cut or "load shedding" when the temperatures was in the fifties, I was in the process of saying thanks to whoever invented and marketed the inverter,...
How Transistor is used as resistor, capacitor. inductor and also transmitter and receiver? How do they were construct for resistor, capacitor. inductor and also transmitter and receiver?
Hi all. I am about to finish my BE by June and I have got selected in a software company with annual CTC of 3.2 LPA.The job is in Bangalore...
CEans, My dear friend Dr. Abheek Ghosh is planning an expedition to Arunachal and wants to design & fabricate a multipurpose solar charger. Though he's a doctor by profession, he's...