effect of different protocols on communication system

hi,

i was just going through the material concerned with the recent DTN technology and found that it is based on BUNDLED PROTOCOL that is a refined version of Internet Protocol in terms of sophistication of the system.

my question is whether a change in the protocol brings about a subsequent change in the design and architecture of the communication system?

well I believe it should not because we achieve data communication via different protocols without bringing about any such change(design or architecture) in our device(usually laptop, cellphone).

do correct me if I am wrong.

regards,
proffy

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    As its applied at application layer, it should not require change of the overall architecture. However, advances in some protocols can influence revisions/improvements of other protocols at lower layers, which can influence design right down to the physical layer (i.e hardware).
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    #-Link-Snipped-# It is true that a change in protocol may require a change in hardware, but it is not desirable as it increases the hardware cost, and hence it is better to design the protocol with backward compatibility with existing hardware and software.๐Ÿ˜,and hence backward compatibility is provided and u don't generally need to change ur device.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, I just want to inquire if there is any significant variation in the concepts that we study in industrial electronics compared to what we study in power electronic course....
If you were thinking that WebOS is dead, you're about to be proven wrong. Phoenix International Communications (PIC), have successfully made Open WebOS run on Android platform. Though it is...
It is one of the most popular videos around the web right now. Prabakaran Murugaiah, Founder & CEO of TechFetch.com is sharing the highlights of his journey from "Ambasamudram to...
It's common for Governments to try and keep a check on what the people say about them, about their policies through various media. While freedom of speech is one of...
Die-hard gaming console fans get furious at the thought of gaming consoles dying and being replaced by equally or much more powerful mobile gaming devices. I personally love Gaming Consoles...