Does Samsung Galaxy Note III Have Gorilla Glass?

Samsung's unveiled the Galaxy Note III a few hours ago but I couldn't find the details about the kind of glass the display uses? On Galaxy Note II, I thought they had a Gorilla Glass; but a few scratches later, I found out that it's a different type of glass that doesn't really resist scratches.

The display of the Note III is full HD OLED and it's gorgeous. But I want to know whether it's protected by Gorilla Glass technology from Corning. If not, you better pick up a good screen guard with the Note III.

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...I want to know whether it's protected by Gorilla Glass technology from Corning...
    This is strange, the #-Link-Snipped-#does not have any mention of Gorilla Glass. If its true then, Samsung has made a glaring omission. At a time when other flagships are offering excellent dust, water and scratch protection Samsung's mistake could cost it dearly.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Most latest mobile devices do have Corning's GG. I was unable to find any blog/forum saying N3 has GG.

BTW, Have you read about development Corning's GG4 ?
    Link : Next-Gen Corning's Gorilla Glass 4, Will Be Anti-bacterial & Anti-glare.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With the latest updates that America is planning to launch cruise missiles against Syria and Obama's haste to get the Senate's agreement on it as soon as possible, is it...
I have done my B.Tech in Production Engg and M.Tech with Metallurgy & Material Science. Targeting PSU's and other govt undertakings which recruit through GATE, which stream should I choose?...
HDMI 2.0 specifications have been announced by the HDMI Forum, an independent non-profit corporation in Berlin Germany. The new specifications aim at making the HDMI better and faster. First of...
India Kawasaki Motors (IKM), the subsidiary of the Japanese company, is here to create much fanfare with the launch of two brand new bikes in India. With the set up...
Samsung Galaxy Note III's India launch date is September 25! At the time of unveiling the phone last night in Germany, Samsung's J.K. Shin announced that the phone will be...