Do you believe the current education system will forge a superpower by the turn of this decade?

First of all I will start it by tagging people who can can put some good light on this one.
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#
#-Link-Snipped-#

With India continuously striving unitedly towards being a superpower, there are some current issues or you may say some scenarios which can prove to be a stone in its path of becoming a superpower. His Brilliance, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, has already predicted that India will be a super power by the turn of this decade. This gives in a wide ray of hope for all the people who share this dream. But when we look at the generation which will play a key factor in making that dream a reality, I feel that there is a need for a drastic upgrade in our training for the same mission. Still the educational institutions support marks and academics over ability. MNCs are busy draining out the potential from the youth for their bosses somewhere else. The system in schools doesn't seem competitive now. With the board exams removed, it has made the upcoming youth to be ignorant towards real competition.

The points of discussion are:
Do you believe that with this system we will be able to become a superpower with 6-7 years?
What are the necessary and urgent changes which will forge the weapons of new India?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Dont think i am starting in a negative note but its a bitter truth to be digested.
    Present educational system doesnt produce quality graduates .This is not for discouraging but Indian educational system dont digg the brillience inside the Indian Youth.It will take more time and urgent measures required to improvice the system.
    For example😛resent Indian educational system teach the valuable subjects such as civics and history for little matured students belonging to 6th to 10th standard.As it should be taught to more matured students.Correct me if I am wrong.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    For example😛resent Indian educational system teach the valuable subjects such as civics and history for little matured students belonging to 6th to 10th standard.As it should be taught to more matured students.Correct me if I am wrong.

History and Civics is good enough to be taught in school. No slot for it in professional studies. Plus its going to make its mark on grownups. Best time is childhood when the clay is still wet to mould in best possible way
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    Dont think i am starting in a negative note but its a bitter truth to be digested.
    Present educational system doesnt produce quality graduates .This is not for discouraging but Indian educational system dont digg the brillience inside the Indian Youth.It will take more time and urgent measures required to improvice the system.

What measures do you suggest that serves the purpose? What measures you think should be applied at both school and college level that will help shape good future?
    Nayan Goenka

History and Civics is good enough to be taught in school. No slot for it in professional studies. Plus its going to make its mark on grownups. Best time is childhood when the clay is still wet to mould in best possible way
    If you say so Why grown up pople lack constitutional knowledge and why educated people try to avoid politics and say that "politics is a ditch"
    From my perception a good government only can lead to formation of good country but youngsters need to step up to cut down bad roots of politics.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    If you say so Why grown up pople lack constitutional knowledge and why educated people try to avoid politics and say that "politics is a ditch"
    From my perception a good government only can lead to formation of good country but youngsters need to step up to cut down bad roots of politics.

If youngsters need to make a career in ethical and healthy politics then they are welcome to join programs for that at professional level. The level of history and civics taught in school is good for moral enhancement which is better at that level itself. It will not help the youth to change their moral base.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Thinking is the most important thing that should be, but rarely is, taught.
    The present system teaches only logical, adversarial thinking. What is needed is creative, non argumentative collaborative thinking. "Don't fix it if it aint broke' is the ruling philosophy. 'Problem solving' should not be the only route.
    Advancement will come by exploratory thinking even when there is no specific problem.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Nayan Goenka
    First of all I will start it by tagging people who can can put some good light on this one.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

With India continuously striving unitedly towards being a superpower, there are some current issues or you may say some scenarios which can prove to be a stone in its path of becoming a superpower. His Brilliance, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, has already predicted that India will be a super power by the turn of this decade. This gives in a wide ray of hope for all the people who share this dream. But when we look at the generation which will play a key factor in making that dream a reality, I feel that there is a need for a drastic upgrade in our training for the same mission. Still the educational institutions support marks and academics over ability. MNCs are busy draining out the potential from the youth for their bosses somewhere else. The system in schools doesn't seem competitive now. With the board exams removed, it has made the upcoming youth to be ignorant towards real competition.

The points of discussion are:
    Do you believe that with this system we will be able to become a superpower with 6-7 years?
    What are the necessary and urgent changes which will forge the weapons of new India?

India keeps moving towards an IT country with everyone turning toward IT related jobs - thus working for MNCs which are established outside India. For India to become a superpower, I believe that just education is not enough. We need infrastructure. We are all preach but no practice and we often practice outside India.

What would happen if the education system has bettered or not? There would still be lots of graduates without jobs. Why would you want to better the education system without bettering the country as a whole? Once the country starts showing signs of development, only then will our already talented engineers/businessmen/doctors/anyone (who are working abroad) come back to work or start new businesses in India. This could create more companies in India. Thereby the graduates can get better jobs. And thus more people would be in the 'employeed' category - THIS should make the country more developed. Once the country gets developed, we can still instill and revamp the education system to include more practical stuff over to theory.

So the key factor to making India a superpower is - to TEMPT it's highly talented brains to stay and develop the country! This tempting can take place only if entrepreneurs working in similar fields collaborate together and form larger corporates.

Why should India have a million entrepreneurs who compete against each other? Why can't these entrepreneurs join hands and compete against the world? Ofcourse competition is good, but has it lead us anywhere?

Eg: Online marketing companies like Flipkart, Snapdeal, etc are fighting against each other - when they should actually be fighting against Amazon or the like! Well you can imagine more such examples!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CSK AUTO
    Have you seen the revised anna university syllabus that is the regulation 2013

I am not one that says the syllabi is a grand improvement But a step at a time is really worthy to be noted

I was personally happy with the concepts the first year engineers have to get a glimpse before getting their degree

Improvement is happening so let us wait a few more weeks to comment on the standard

In general our system is not functioning the way it was meant to be functioning.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    ATF explanation and waiting for your opinion here mate

It is not like you dislike without a reason I am not willing to speculate so I will wait for your comment here #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Conqueror
    ATF explanation and waiting for your opinion here mate

It is not like you dislike without a reason I am not willing to speculate so I will wait for your comment here #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hahaha. Sorry mate. Work till midnight and getting back to home had closed my eyes. Just hit the other button instead of the 'Like' from my touch screen. Corrected it! :-D

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This error poped out when i was trying to tag some people in my post. Arounf 8-9 of them at a time. Then i had to remove tags and post...
Hey guys, I just found a live wire cut down which was coming from a gadget. I tried to end it manually by shilling the insulation and joining the two...
Hey guys, I once read about how Egyptians in ancient times had an advanced technology in various fields. They were excellent architects and civil engineers we know that evidently from...
can we have masters in engineering physics after doing bachelors in mechanical engineering?
Is it possible to store solar energy directly into regular batteries that you find in markets?