Disruption Tolerant Technology (DTN) - Latest In Telecommunications Engineering

It seems to me that the Disruption Tolerant Technology aka DTN is the latest technology to follow in telecommunications engineering. The DTN promises interplanetary Internet in future. Recently an experiment was conducted in which Sunita Williams the Commander of Expedition 33 remote controlled a LEGO powered robot on Earth from space. NASA engineers believe that with this technology they will be able to control and operate robots located on distant planets and the space stations as the signal relays. Check more on this topic: #-Link-Snipped-#

Bundled Protocol (BP) which is used in DTN is said to be very similar with that of the Internet Protocol (IP) used in communication between the servers connected via Internet. I've been wondering about a few questions -

1. How is DTN different from current technologies?
2. Controlling a remote robot isn't an entirely new thing. NASA however had to use a special infrastructure to carry out the experiment.
3. Do you think DTN promises any improvements in the existing Internet setup we have in the world?

Will appreciate your responses.

Replies

• Danny Stillone
    Danny Stillone
    i guess, actually it's not really different from the other technology, they used same processing too. but improved the TxRx system that support for the extreme environment. all path will distribute without delay, increasing bandwith make it happen. i wonder a new question (how big t1 they need?).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It would be great if we see CEans reading and commenting on the latest tech news on VoiCE. Here we go - MS Office For iOS & Android – Is...
Hi, I am using Dell Laptop with Windows 7 64 bit installed, my battery was working perfectly fine when suddenly the battery icon in the taskbar started showing message "consider...
During a presentation, Microsoft's Chief Research Officer, Rick Rashid has showcased the company's breakthrough in speech recognition technology with a software that translates spoken English into spoken Chinese almost instantly!...
😀Why we are unable to create folder or rename a folder as ‘con’ ? In MS-DOS, several special "device files" were available to aid in performing certain tasks, such as...
Like the last year, Google this year conducted the Doodle 4 Google Contest in India. Google received over 200,000 entries from all over the country and 13 finalists have been...