Difference between IT, Software Engineering & Computer Science

hi guys

Is there any difference between IT, computer science and engineering and software engineering ?

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    software engineering is just a branch of computer science that deals with the use of mathematical tools to improve the performance of softwares. It is however, not concerned with development of the software; that is part of computer programming.

IT is distinct unit that deals with the practical synthesis of equipments used in Information era. the equipments generally are implemented in the form of a hardware and this branch does qualitative study of the design and manufacturing of technical equipments.

computer science on the other hand is vast thing that quantitatively deals with design of software algorithms and hardware. the practical application in computer is limited and this subject generally goes towards the theoretical approach.
  • Ankur Jaiswar
    Ankur Jaiswar
    IT= A field which deals with information i.e. data in the computer, servers. Mostly handling information.
    Computer Engineering= Mixture of electrical, electronics and IT engineering.
    This is in Pune University though.
  • Tanaji Miskar
    Tanaji Miskar
    what is difference between computer science and information techhology

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am writing my final year project on the topic DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A REMOTE CONTROLLED INVERTER SYSTEMS(500W). I am seeeking help on this topic firstly in the form...
Name:AYUSH KUMAR Engineering Trade:MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Location😛ATNA Occupation: STUDENT Work Experience: Hobbies & Interests: NET SURFING AND CREATING NEW THINGS Aim in life: TO BE A MECHANICAL ENGINEER.... I joined CrazyEngineers...
Hi.. I'm an industrial engineer and I want to kno the MS courses those an industrial engineer is most likely to choose.. The fields that are open for an industrial...
I am now a third year student at the higher institute for applied sciences and technology. I am looking forward to gaining some practical and theoretical knowledge by interacting with...
Giza 3D Gives Immersive Experience Of Giza Pyramids – The Endangered Heritage Transformer Comes To Life – Awesome Japanese Are Awesome! Tycho Brahe – The One Passenger Suborbital Capsule Will...