Dell WM314 Wireless Laser Mouse - Worth the price?

I taught of buying a wireless mouse, my laptop is SONY VAIO 3rd generation and the wireless mouse which i taught of buying is "Dell WM314 Wireless Laser Mouse (Black)" which is available online. I don't know will it be worthy to buy that mouse
- guys please do state your comment. so that i can make my decision.

Replies

• Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    There is nothing as worthy for these wireless mouse. P.S (Other than Unknown Brands). All work the same and just the speed of the nano receiver and the mouse might matter ie for speed or the lag time difference. And as its dell it should not be such a problem as they are fast enough. And its big and great looks, design.
    There are many other companies although you can look at! But this is not a bad choice either.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've been using a wireless mouse with iMac; and the only issue is the battery that lasts for 3-4 weeks. The backup, however depends on your total use. I'd recommend getting a set of Sony rechargeable batteries so that you save a lot in the longer run.

Is there any specific reason that you want to buy a wireless mouse?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    My office Dell desk top all in one has wireless mouse and kb. Work fine. As K says, battery guzzlers though.
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've been using a wireless mouse with iMac; and the only issue is the battery that lasts for 3-4 weeks. The backup, however depends on your total use. I'd recommend getting a set of Sony rechargeable batteries so that you save a lot in the longer run.

Is there any specific reason that you want to buy a wireless mouse?
    Yeah reason is there are buttons on the sides of the mouse which makes the mouse to act as a presenter while presenting in seminars., etc as well as i got bored of current wired mouse(Genius make)that i have, it works fine often it misbehaves.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Guys please do a reply.
    Tagging CEans
    #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I don't see any mention of the 'laser pointer' in the mouse description on various websites. Do you need the ability to use a laser pointer? If yes, I'd recommend getting a dedicated presentation kit; because it'd be worth it. If not, don't opt for something that has limited use.

The only issue with the wireless mouse is that they eat up batteries, and batteries are costly. You'll also have to check whether the mouse needs a special attachment to your computer for bluetooth connectivity or it directly connects with computer's inbuilt bluetooth.

If it needs a special attachment, you'll need to be very careful and in the even that you lose it; your mouse will be useless.

The only reason I use a wireless mouse is because it connects to a desktop and pretty much operates in a confined space. It connects to my Mac's inbuilt bluetooth.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    #-Link-Snipped-# .

I'v been using #-Link-Snipped-# for the last two years with my Sony VAIO & its working absolutely fantastic.
    It connects with the Laptop blue tooth instantly & we dont need any other attachment to connect in USB port.

You can go for it any time.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks buddy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Reliance Digital has launched a new smartphone in its Reconnect series called Reliance Reconnect RPSPE4701, powered by a 1.3 GHz Quad Core processor, that runs a slightly old Android 4.2.2...
Bhargavpopat submitted a new project: Design and implementation of maximum power tracking system by automatic control of solar panel. - Here the solar panel moves according to the direction of...
Since this time we have a new government let’s see what they have to say on the 68th Independence Day. Doordarshan is broadcasting the event in HD for the very...
The Great CE T-Shirt Selfie Thread:- https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/the-great-ce-t-shirt-selfie-thread-because-why-not.76216/ CEan @mahesh_dahale Tee :- https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/my-ce-t-shirt.30713/ Proud to be on CE Tee:- https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/show-off-your-proud-to-be-a-cean-t-shirts.38665/ This one is loooong back in 2008 :- https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/take-a-look-at-the-ce-tees.2544/
This is not a puzzle for solving. It presents a problem as well as the solution. Entertaining reading though. https://www.wired.com/2014/08/lotr-physics/