D.C current

why internal resistance of a source is connected in series

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    srinudama
    why internal resistance of a source is connected in series
    Because the entire external load current has to pass through the internal resistance to complete the path.

Bioramani
  • everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    The internal resistance of a source is connected in series because the electricity has to flow from the negative side of the source, through the source and back onto the positive side. For most circuits this internal resistance is so small it is negligible and does not have to be taken into consideration. But again, this depends on your application.

Everett
  • varunkumar
    varunkumar
    The internal resistance of a voltage source is connected in series, due to this internal resistor the o/p voltage is less than its said value (like 5 Volt battery). and if you connect a resistor in series with a source there is some voltage drop at at other end of resistor if the circuit is complete. that is why in the practical model of voltage source the internal resistor is connected in series with it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am an electrical engineering student and want to know what exactly is 'Quality Factor' in A/C circuits. I will appreciate any help from experts on CrazyEngineers.
one friend of mine needs help in changing from dialup to 'always on' connection on her BSNL broadband. For that I need to access the router configuration page to make...
Hey Guys, This is Dhinesh from BITS-Pilani. We have an internship program at our campus where we go to work in projects in corporate companies for 6 months. I need...
I've come to a conclusion that almost every employed person out there in the world is now in a meeting room. At least it seems so. From friends to business...
We have all heard that age old statement, 'Any publicity is good publicity'. This is at least true by what media follows – any mention of your name/brand/company is good...