Why Do People Use "I'm In A Meeting / Have a Meeting" Excuse For Almost Everything?

I've come to a conclusion that almost every employed person out there in the world is now in a meeting room. At least it seems so. From friends to business contacts - whenever you call them they are -

1. About to attend a meeting or conference call.
2. Are in a meeting/conference call.

I wonder how many meetings are scheduled every day to keep people away from doing something useful. Also, from my own experience in the corporate world - all meetings are more or less - USELESS.

What's wrong with people?

Dilbert-Meeting

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Re: Why Do People Use "I'm In A Meeting / Have a Meeting" Excuse For Almost Everythin

The_Big_K
    I've come to a conclusion that almost every employed person out there in the world is now in a meeting room. At least it seems so. From friends to business contacts - whenever you call them they are -

1. About to attend a meeting or conference call.
    2. Are in a meeting/conference call.

I wonder how many meetings are scheduled every day to keep people away from doing something useful. Also, from my own experience in the corporate world - all meetings are more or less - USELESS.

What's wrong with people?

Dilbert-Meeting
    Even a basic scientist like Sur C.V.Raman had to conduct meetings at Raman Research Institute in Bangalore, which he did not like much. He developed a unique method. He would write the minutes of the meeting before the meeting and conduct the meeting accordingly. Great chap.

Bioramani
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Re: Why Do People Use "I'm In A Meeting / Have a Meeting" Excuse For Almost Everythin

great comic strip Biggie.

Citing bioramani Sir's example, I think this is example from life of Sir C.V.Raman. Once he was called to a place to address people. He didn't wanted to, but people forced. On stage when he was asked to say a few words, he replied, " Work in this session is completed". He silently left the stage. I read this somewhere in some magazine. Amazing sense of humor na?

Really a good chap. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have all heard that age old statement, 'Any publicity is good publicity'. This is at least true by what media follows – any mention of your name/brand/company is good...
[video=youtube;pYlwl2wE7UY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYlwl2wE7UY&feature=featured[/video] This video says it all. YouTube Good Work is a unique opportunity for creatives around the world to win a trip to the Cannes Lions International Festival Of Creativity...
Procrastination often leads to crisis. Check this:
Prof.Abhiram Ranade, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Bombay explained the Overview of Design and Analysis of Algorithms. Feel free to ask your doubts and please contribute your views...
Prof.Abhiram Ranade, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Bombay explained the concept of Framework for Algorithms Analysis in Design and Analysis of Algorithms. Feel free to ask your doubts...