Chitale Bandhu Mithaiwala

My brother in law is virtually a Punaikar having worked there for four decades. He is back in Bangalore post retirement.
He went to Pune recently and brought back Chitale Bahdhu's famous Kesar Srikhand which is marginally upstaged by their Aama Srikhand. These were rounded off by Bakarwadi.

While I did appreciate all three from the old Chitale house, the engineer in me was also impressed by the modern billing process adopted by this traditional dairy people.
It seems there is a big crowd at their Deccan Gymkhana shop in Pune. As you enter you are givena largish plastic sheet. At each counter the attendant places this sheet on a pad and enters the item and quantity and returns the pad. The process is repeated at every counter that you visit. At the check out counter the pad is laid on the reader, which prints an itemised bill.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Today is a grand day today for each one of us at CrazyEngineers and we thank everyone who's a part of CrazyEngineers ecosystem. Without your continuous support, love &...
​ ​ ​CEans, in the past few days all the above teasers were making rounds on CrazyEngineers and created a lot of buzz. Each one of them pointed at a...
We promised you it's a great day and our second announcement is just as exciting as the one we made a few minutes ago! We're totally excited and proud to...
Did anyone here used a Telegram service to send messages? At least not me😒 It is going to scraped by government by 15 July, 2013. Link The Hindu I am...
Many of us might have seen the India-Pakistan match few days ago. Just after the first over Micromax revealed their latest flagship - "Canvas 4".Mind you, the timing of the...