Can Zero Be Integrated?

Can "zero" be integrated ?

When a constant value is differentiated, we obtain zero.

and since integration is just the reverse of differentiation, then can zero be integrated ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Integration of Zero would be Zero. Because zero leaves 'nothing' to be integrated. 😨
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This a case of definite and indefinite integrals. See here for a full explanation:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Well i think biggie made his point.

Now if zero could be integrated , and a particular constant value could be obtained, then what exactly would the value be ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is exactly what was discussed in the link given. The indefinite integral = 0 + C, where C can be any constant. However, when you try to evaluate a definite integral between two limits, C gets cancelled leaving zero as K said.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    The explaination on the link says it all!
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    0 + c..! so a constant is left behind...! if sufficient condition is given u can find the specific "c" but in general it is C..!(oly if u integrate without any definite limits else 0)
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Since the integral of zero would be a value whose differentiation with respect to the dependent variable is zero, it is quite clear that the integral exists and is any (or rather more appropriately, every) constant in nature.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we all know that motor cycles make use of chain drives as means of transmitting power from engine to rear wheel. Now i was wondering what would happen if...
if a generator capacity is 250MW and it is providing 200MW according to the load if the load increases to 210MW suddenly how this power will be generated because it...
Lately we have all been dealing with the term and parameter called coefficient of friction. But i would like to know what exactly it is ?does it indicate the amount...
Hello,My name is KARANAM SURESH, Diploma in civil engineering qualification,working as a Senior Engineer in building constructions ,in a private firm at HYDERABAD,INDIA. I would like to improve and update...
If the two terminals of a dc motor are shorted together and if a mechanical torque is applied on the motor shaft, then the shaft will not rotate so easily....