When terminals of DC motor are shorted and torque is applied...

If the two terminals of a dc motor are shorted together and if a mechanical torque is applied on the motor shaft, then the shaft will not rotate so easily. (in fact it will not rotate at all if torque is less)

whats is the phenomenon behind this ?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    There is a coil inside DC Motor and one rotor if you provide supply at two terminal of DC motor its stator gets energize and rotor rotates. same way if you rotate rotor then it generates small amount of energy in stator coil too. If you are going to short both terminal thay means there is reverse force generated that might cause this phenomena.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Image processing Using SciLab
Can my colleagues let me know the exact formula for calculating the length of helical reinforcement of a pile?
What are Secure Socket Layers?​ ​Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is a protocol developed by Netscape for transmitting private documents via the Internet. The SSL Security protocol provides data encryption, server...
Well happy to be a part of crazy engineers.well I am from bangalore. INDIA. i have very less to say right now,i am a guy who loves practicals rather than...
hii , can anyone attach previous year placement papers of thoughtworks.I really need them urgently.