Can we use phone as a key to car?

I was always puzzled to see many videos in youtube to show how to start a car without key , opening door , etc.I want to know whether there had been any invention using mobile phone as key.
My idea was that
1)there should be a mobile dock in car
2)using pattern we should be able to open the app for accessing the electronic ignition system of car
3)Track the location of your car using your password , id If it was taken by your son or daughter or known one.
4)The number of users can be determined by owner and he can program it by simple pc control.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The project's already done by Hyundai. They've developed NFC based short-range communication chip which fits into the door of the car and couples with your phone when you bring your phone nearer to the doors. Check out our VoiCE coverage here - Hyundai Engineers To Replace Car Keys With NFC Smartphones
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    thank you kaustubh sir for the info.
    I want to know what hyundai missed in its project and what can be improved and evolved.Please share your views and improve the idea.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    DTMF is the base in this thing just try DTMF controllers and you can see all the important info you need

PS: I looking for a valid DTMF controller tutorial if poss I will try to upload it.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Conqueror
    DTMF is the base in this thing just try DTMF controllers and you can see all the important info you need

PS: I looking for a valid DTMF controller tutorial if poss I will try to upload it.
    I am not sure how you are going to relate DTMF as replacement of Car Key. Do you want to use mobile phone Keypad DTMF as a replacement?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    If you are going as far as using the phone to access the car's ignition, might as well add additional controls to drive the car from your phone 😛

There are existing GSM/GPS trackers already in the market, as well as on board cameras (front view & cabin views). We could probably combine the two and get a an image sent every time someone turns the engine on. Then you can track who is driving the car and where. Doubles as a security measure.

I'm using a keyless entry system for one of my cars. Its pretty useful, especially when you don't need to dig the keys out from your pockets.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Harshad Italiya
    I am not sure how you are going to relate DTMF as replacement of Car Key. Do you want to use mobile phone Keypad DTMF as a replacement?
    It was from my friends idea he used the DTMF of the mobile to control switches in another place I have invited him to CE lets see if he posts here.

PS: This is actually not my area of interest so i have little idea about this
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    In my old Nissan Maxims I had the key less entry.
    They had used the chip in Car key (+ doors + at ignition). As soon as you bring the key near to the car you are good to open the door or start the ignition. If that key can be fit in your key, why not in mobile. Pretty much possible.

However the real question, is that a security threat???

-CB
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I agree to Mr.crazyboy .
    But security issues should be handled by manufacturer.
    Hi tech security should designed and programmed to avoid security breach.It will be leaved to software developers to build good security.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

What is DTMF ?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

What is DTMF ?
    DTMF = Dual tone Multi Frequency.

The signals which you're generating while pressing landline phone's keys. In simple terms, whenever you press the key of phone two tones of frequencies will be created.
    A nice explanation on DTMF with example : #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys I am stuck with an IEEE paper but I am through with most of the topics and I am running out of money in finding a lot I heard...
Samsung's 85" beast, the 85S9 Ultra HD TV has been launched in India with a brain-blasting price tag of Rs. 27 lakh only. The display fanatics may recall that the...
As a resident of Neyveli I am aware of the situation here .But I want to know what will be the public's view on it as NLC was working in...
Hi all, What happens if the input voltage of the buck converter goes below the output voltage? i.e output voltage is same as the previous? For eg: Iam having Buck...
India's first ever blast, flood, earthquake proof building will be ready by 2014 to protect all your 'AADHAAR' information, reports TOI. The data center being built at Bangalore will host...