Can India Progress Without Adapting English Language?
I was exploring Japan's official <a href="https://www.jaxa.jp/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">JAXA|宇宙航空研究開発機構</a> website and was surprised to see that they've their official website in Japanese and not English. That led me to finding out what are the most widely spoken languages in the world and here's the list from <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">List Of Languages By Number Of Native Speakers</a>:
- Mandarin: 955 million (14.4% of world population)
- Spanish: 405 million 6.15% (6.15% of world population)
- English: 360 million (5.43% of world population)
- Hindi / Urdu : 310 million (4.7% of world population)
...followed by Arabic, Portuguese, Bengali, Russian, Japanese, Punjabi, followed by several Indian languages.
I was wondering; can India make a progress in Technology, Science, Engineering, Medicine, Agriculture, Arts - without adapting English?
Why this topic: Because I firmly believe that the language influences your thinking - and unless people give up on the basic thought that what the English speaking countries do is progress there won't be any real progress!
Looking forward to your thoughts. No mud slinging if we do not agree with each other's thoughts. Be respectful.