Buy OnePlus X On OLA App - Get Delivery In 15 Minutes

OnePlus has partnered with OLA Cabs to sell the new OnePlus X phone directly through the OLA App. The company is promising to deliver the phone at your doorstep in just 15 minutes. OnePlus says that it's one of its kind partnership in India that allows the potential customers of OnePlus X phone to buy the phone without needing any invite. It's interesting - because in order to buy OnePlus phones, customers are required to have an invite.

The new OnePlus X phone will be available on OLA app on December 8 across Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Ahmedabad. In order to make the purchase, users will simply have to open the OLA app and request for the phone - similar to requesting a nearby cab. The OLA app will show ONEPLUSX category icon between 10 AM - 7 PM on December 8. Once you place your request, OLA cab will arrive at your doorstep along with OnePlus representative.

OnePlusX-OLA-India

Users can then pay for the phone using their credit or debit card or through cash on delivery (CoD). The phone is currently available on #-Link-Snipped-#.

Some of the top features that make OnePlus X a worthy buy are - 13 MP camera (f/2.2 Aperture), Full HD 5" AMOLED Display, 4G LTE support, 16 GB on-board storage which can be extended up to 128 GB and a good 2525 mAh LiPo battery that promises over a day of charge on regular usage.

This is not the first time that OLA has done something innovative from marketing perspective. It had earlier launched an initiative that would let the entrepreneurs pitch their idea to a venture capitalist who'd arrive in a OLA cab.

It's also interesting to note that OLA and OnePlus partnership isn't new. OLA had allowed potential OnePlus 2 phone buyers to experience the phone. OnePlus had allowed OLA service users to get invites to buy the phone as well.

Would love to know what our fellow engineers think about this novel initiative of selling phones via a cab service operator? Do you think it will work?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Up until now, you were enjoying VR (virtual reality) content being created by someone else on your Google Cardboard but from today you shall be able to create your own...
Need Help, Please anyone help me about power zerk i want to know about power zerk.. what happen when power zerk occure? why this happen?
I need some of these: 1. Top 10 links of Digital Media forums in the world where people talk and discuss things like we do here in this forum 2....
In November 2012, a loyal member of CrazyEngineers Community @Manish Goyal (a Computer Science Engineer) asked a simple question 'How does TrueCaller work? and we all started discussing how we...
I would like to know about such policies in LIC where investments between 10-50k can be made annually and they can provide good returns in lakhs or a crore after...