Building static electricity ball

I want to build that static electricity ball just like the one's which make hair to project outwards just like this.
[​IMG]

Is it cheaper & easy to build?
Please help 😀

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    This article provides some insight on the cause and simple experiments to proceed in the right direction.
    Gud Luck 😁
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I wonder how this works actually I may want to try this any key words on how to search for it in google?
  • lal
    lal
    That is the Van de Graaff generator. A Van de Graaff generator is a static electricity generator. The Ball in the picture collects static electricity acquiring a potential much larger than the earth. The source used to charge the Ball with static electricity is actually any DC voltage source like a battery. The working is interesting, the voltage source charges the ball by means of a conveyor belt which carries 'charge' 😁

Found a link to a DIY Van de Graaff generator. Make: Projects

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i did my B.TECH(cse) i am planning to do M.TECH. which one is better for better life 1. computer science engineering 2.computer science 3.computer networks & information security 4.information technology...
XBOX Loop (or Infinity or 720,name it whatever you want) has come up with one big change in their hardware & it is Blu-ray drive. Yeah BD ! During X360...
I am a civil engineer interested in Analysis of Civil works
Hi want to build a GPS Tracking system For my Car. It is My project . I want to build it with general purpose items .
What is the consumption formula for materials in brickwork and plastering ?