Brin donates $1m to Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS)

Source: TechCrunch

Very well known co-founder of Google Inc. has donated $1m to Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS), the organization that helped him migrate to the United States of America from Soviet Union.

Brin's mother, Eugenia Brin (she's a scientist!) is the director of the organization.

Brin mentions that the donation is very small considering his net worth estimated at $16 billion.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

AirTel, India's major telecom operator has introduced twitter on phones. Now users will be able to access twitter from their Airtel powered phones and twit. What do you think?
sir, i am student of mechanical engineering 2nd year and i wish to do my training in the upcoming semester break in the field of aeronautics/aerospace. Please suggest me some...
Can I know which kind of stepper motor can be used for automating a car's steering. The car is an old rotten Maruti 800 with no power assist steering. Please...
New Self-Aligning Die Set Hi: I worked as tool and die maker for years and designed a very unique, precision, diversified, easy-to-use and time saving tool and die set. I...
Guys, I have seen a security device which provides connection for someother system in a secured way. The secured was is Provide userID and Password. Along with the process we...