Best Places to Learn How to Code

This my seem like spam or advertising but I am dead serious. One of the best places to learn Javascript (or Python/Ruby if you like) is Learn to Code - for Free | Codecademy

You learn by typing in code and see how you are doing, instantly.

Some of you might already know about it but I recommend anyone interested to learn to join the site and start coding. You get badges for completing courses and there are more than 100 course questions to practice.

It's not available for PHP, C, C++ yet but there will be other similar website that will guide you to code on the webpage.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    +1 for Code Academy!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Already been there. It is a wonderful initiative. CEans learning Python should immediately take advantage of that site.
    It seems more users of the site requested for Python after Javascript as it goes nicely as a server-side backend to what many users have learned with JavaScript.
    I would loved to see PHP there soon.

Do we have any active users of CodeAcademy here?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Not sure if we have many. There might be some students who have taken part. I have finished first few lessons of Javascript.

Yea, PHP should be there too but problem is that it's a purely server side scripting language and has to be loaded in. Python was built to run stand alone, and isn't a server side scripting language by design.

You would need to create a compiler on Java/JS to decode PHP.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I come to know about this from one of our client and he is using that site almost a day.
  • AM_NAREN
    AM_NAREN
    Yeah, this is Good place to learn & practice.
    I also prefer this for any person who is new to JavaScript, PHP, C, C++.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    xheavenlyx
    This my seem like spam or advertising but I am dead serious. One of the best places to learn Javascript (or Python/Ruby if you like) is Learn to Code - for Free | Codecademy

I am doing python from there and voila! , left with 1 session more. Then on i am planning to move on with udemy.com . I have already done few lessons there adn it is more sort of learning by repetition, but nevertheless willing to finsh udemy course as well.
    By the way, came to know about the website when #-Link-Snipped-# mentioned it! Thanks for that xHx
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    I just read about udemy.com today! It's crazy!! Amazing stuff.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    #-Link-Snipped-# , very right. udemy is cool and I remember them charging a merge 2 $ for the course of python.

Seems code academy is introducing newer lessons for python and beta testing is on. I had issues with few lessons there with the online intrepretuer. it would'nt just run the code. I hope the issue is now fixed.

note to Big K : please enable us to tag short forms of names . like xHx for xheveanlyx.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    wow site is good
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    #-Link-Snipped-#, did you double post? 😛
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    #-Link-Snipped-#:
    just deleted the duplicate one 😛
  • optimystix@
    optimystix@
    The bst Site for Coding i have ever seen 😉
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ all

seems the python bug is fixed at codeacademy. i could complete the previous buggy exercise.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello frnds....i m interested i working on tesla coil as a project for my final year....i thought of many ideas but m not getting anything innovative out of it..plz can...
Within five weeks, Betaworks had changed the look and feel, infect complete make over of DiGG, new Digg would be known as Digg V1. The Aim of this make over...
Google has acquired Wildfire Interactive Inc., a startup that helps companies market their wares via social networking. The deal is signed in $250 million plus performance incentives. I wondered after...
Have you ordered the First independently engineered and manufactured hardware device by Google? If yes, there is one good and one bad news for you. Google delayed the launch of...
Name : call me CoMm0nMaN only.... (i love that name)​ Engineering trade : IT (mumbai university) Location : Dombivali,Mumbai​ ​Occupation : Student​ ​Hobbies & Interest : e-sports, web-designing, any work...