Air Asia Flight QZ8501 Emergency Contact Number Is: +622129850801

Air Asia flight QZ8501 has gone missing and the operator has set an emergency number
+622129850801 for the friends and relatives of the 162 (155 passengers and 7 crew members) people aboard. The aircraft lost contact with the ground control after taking off from Surabaya in Indonesia at about 7.24 am; about an hour before its scheduled arrival at Singapore Changi airport.

The plan is Airbus A320-200 and the search operations have already began. Singapore Air Force and Navy have been alerted. The airline said that it does not have the information about the current status of the passengers and the flight attendants. The registration number of the flight is PK-AXC.

We all hope that passengers are safe and return home safely soon. Please post all the latest information you get in this discussion.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Pray for all the passengers on-board #PrayforQZ8501
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've been reading that the Airplane has crashed somewhere in the sea. Flying's become a leap of faith these days. Totally scared of flying now.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Isn't it ironic that there's technology to land man on the moon perfectly; but nothing to track a huge plane!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Unconfirmed Update: The plane's reportedly crashed off the coast of Belitung Island in Indonesia.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Official status of the plane is still: Missing

Update: Per News channels, before the lost of connection, pilot had made a very unusual request of change in route. This is still a mystery that if there's any induced pressure on the pilot or if he sensed that there was any internal failure suspected.
  • lal
    lal
    Rajni Jain
    Update: Per News channels, before the lost of connection, pilot had made a very unusual request of change in route. This is still a mystery that if there's any induced pressure on the pilot or if he sensed that there was any internal failure suspected.
    Pilot requested if he could increase the altitude due to poor visibility and clouds is what BBC says, which was denied as there was another flight flying above.

And, it is still missing. Wonder what goes wrong, besides, this is not the first incident!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    From what I read in some other news paper, I have read this.
    The request to change in route or flying high is not made by the pilot but he was instructed to do it. And It is also mentioned that he was flying at 32000 feet and asked to fly at 38k feet and the speed was less. That could be the reason for the crash. (I mean missing flight)
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Sad News coming from Indonesia. Official News says, the plane was crashed. RIP brothers and sisters!! 😔

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    One another sad news after Pak's school this month , another 162 innocent deaths !!!
    RIP.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just hope they develop better tracking systems. It's ironic that we can't still track exact location of the blackbox / airplaine. Why can't we have something that 'transmits' the current location of any object - isn't it essential in airplanes?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Instead of tracking, why cant be a safety equipment designed for saving passengers? Its not impossible, there was no great thought involved in that since it doesnt generate any profits.

I think its high time to design some thing which saves passengers no matter what happens to the flight.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the plane could not make a safe landing on the water. Otherwise the passengers would have been able to float on the water until the rescue teams arrived. That could have helped saved lot of lives.

But I do agree that every passenger must be given a safety kit attached to the life jacket. Something that has solar powered GPS system and a location transmitter. That could help save LOTs of lives.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we hear the latest news of AirAisa plane going missing; with no RADARS being able to keep a track of the plane- I"m wondering whether serious innovation is required...
Can anyone suggest me best laptops for clear view in direct sunlight, right now with my current laptop it is almost impossible to read anything because of too much reflection
There are times, when you need motivation, and songs are a great way of getting it.😒 So let's share the songs which make us pumped up and which we enjoy...
Google has made the rules of the Google Play Store sterner. Since anyone can make an app and upload it on the play store for the Android OS, Google has...
One year ago, Sony had announced the availability of a cloud based gaming facility called PlayStation Now, which allowed the users to access PlayStation (PS) games without a console. Since...