22,000 Engineering Seats Find No Takers In Karnataka - Supply More Than Demand?

As per a report in Times of India,

According to information furnished by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), the number of seats that have gone abegging would come up to a whopping 13,000 seats through the #-Link-Snipped-# Entrance Test (CET).
I am sure this is the case with most of the states in India.

This gets me thinking, is the Indian Government supplying more than what is needed? Are they trying to push students into joining engineering colleges (just because there are seats available?) Are we creating 'average engineers' due to this scenario?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I get a lot of messages through PM service and email asking 'Which one is better : GRE or GATE?' The dilemma continues eternally among many final year engineering students....
As per IIT page, Online Application process will start on 31st October, 2011. If anyone has more information regarding this, please post here.
Here is the cut-off of IIT-JEE For 2011: [TABLE="width: 37%, align: left"] [TR] [TD="width: 16%"]Category​[/TD] [TD="colspan: 3"]MQMR​[/TD] [TD="width: 32%"]Aggregate cut-off​[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD="width: 17%"]Chemistry​[/TD] [TD="width: 13%"]Physics​[/TD] [TD="width: 22%"]Mathematics​[/TD] [/TR] [TR]...
Physics Syllabus For IIT JEE 2012: General: Units and dimensions, dimensional analysis; least count, significant figures; Methods of measurement and error analysis for physical quantities pertaining to the following experiments:...
You can download the following PDF For Complete IIT JEE 2012 Chemistry Syllabus: