Zero-I : New Coating Technology Promises 3500 HV Hardness & Heat Resistance To 1000°C

Seavac Japan has been researching and developing new type of a coating technology to include the best of current coating technologies viz. TiN, Ti-Al and CrN. The result is ZERO-I, a new technology for coats that shows exceptional improvements in overall resistance to wear and heat. The new coat has the hardness of 3500 (Vickers Pyramid Number) and it can withstand temperatures up to 1000°C. The most conventional Ti-Al coats can resist temperatures only up to 900°C. The ZERO-I coating can be applied as a coating at 4 μm thickness. The properties of this coat allows it to be used in blank dies, warm and cold forging as well. Seavac proposes the use of ZERO-I coating in hot forging and press-dies.

slide

As of now, Seavac is processing at its three centers at Sendai, Amagasaki and Komaki. The company plans to expand its capabilities to its other centers in the coming days. Check out the video below.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Impressive. I see a huge potential in many fields. A good post that can trigger ideas. Thanks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was wondering if it's possible to delete an undelivered message on WhatsApp. Technically - if your message is being stored on a server before it's delivered to the recipient,...
I am on my quest of understanding WhatsApp and I could not get information on how long does WhatsApp store undelivered messages before they are deleted permanently? I'm aware that WhatsApp...
I want to install SAP IDES into my laptop.Is it possible? If possible what should be the system requirements like how much memory would it occupy?etc., And if possible give...
In case you might not have noticed, Facebook has a nice feature. You can be friends with anyone and if you want to avoid all their unnecessary shares, status messages...
Samsung has been brave enough to revive quirky handsets. In the recent past it brought back flip phones and now it has announced the launch of an updated version of...