YouTube Red Allows Watching Videos Without Ads Using Paid Subscription

Three days ago, on October 21, world’s largest video-sharing website YouTube announced a new policy called YouTube Red. By sharing this policy, YouTube has made it evident that they have established a strong customer base over the years and are now ready to make some revenue. It’s not like YouTube isn’t already earning money. They are, courtesy the ads we see in the beginning/middle of videos, but with YouTube Red, they are all set to go one step further.

Starting from October 28, YouTube will begin with the YouTube Red membership policy. This service will allow the users to view videos without any ads, but for a price. The members wishing to access this service will have to pay $9.99 on a monthly basis. The good thing is that the subscription extends across all the devices you sign into YouTube, so you don’t need pay separately for each and every device. YouTube Red will also work with the Gaming app and the recently announced YouTube music app.

youtube_red

The other features that you get access to with YouTube Red is that you can save videos to watch offline later. Also, YouTube Music will also offer offline music access, though there is still no word how many songs/playlists can be stored offline. The highlight of the service is that it will allow you to play videos in the background. What it means is that even when you switch a different application while watching a video, then video will continue playing in the background unlike how it pauses now.

YouTube however has brought some bad news for the popular creators or as they call them – the ‘partners’. The partners sign a deal with YouTube that 55% of the revenue earned by the ads will go to them and rest goes to YouTube. But if the partner doesn’t agree to sign its revenue share deal with new YouTube Red subscription, their videos will be hidden from public view. Infact, just yesterday, most of ESPN’s videos were taken down/hidden from the website. The rule applies only to the partners. Other people uploading home videos need not worry about the same.

YouTube Red will be available in US currently, but is expected to reach other nations soon. The US viewers can begin their one free trail from October 28 post which they will have to pay $9.99 per month for the service.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    What a strategic business move.
    Three-Four years back You tube had started showing ad's to generate additional revenue and said customers that to run the free portal it needs Ad's.

Now, they have implemented another model. The customers who LOVE You tube and do not like ads will generate revenue in terms of subscription. All other will help running the ads and will generate revenue. Cool !
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    What if I tell you there is Adblock Plus | The world's #1 free ad blocker which blocks all ads on YouTube☕.
    For android, root and install adAway: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Design and details of microturbine.... Information...
My Self Robin Singh My engineering Discipline is Civil engineering I am presently working at CEC at delhi metro project from noida to greater noida. This is my 1st Metro...
I have been given an internship project to link two schools using a VPN(Virtulal Private Network). I also have to present this projects to some people but i dont know...
Being Crazy is OK. Necessary in fact for an engineer. However, being useless is a no no in my opinion. 20 Most Useless Inventions Ever Made
Really crazy and completely logical option. Building bridges fast. Quote:This is the SLJ900/32 Bridge Girder Erection Machine working away in China. It's a substitute for large, immobile cranes that take...