Youth Participation In Politics - Will it change anything?

I've often heard that young populations tries to stay away from politics. Lot of people have complained that unless youth participate in politics; we can't expect paradigm shift.

Do you think youth participation in politics will change the things? The bigger question is 'How?'.

Replies

• sushant005
    sushant005
    @ sir please see this link i did gave the much similar topic for debate but no response from any one...
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I think one can except a great deal of good management from the younger leadership.In my opinion they are likely to view the situation with the clearer perspective and a more educated outlook .Education play much important role here.I think now the times has been changed a lot, but the outlook of the older generation is still remain the same so it has to be changed.The younger leaders have lots of enthusiasm and lots of potential to hold and manage the upcoming generation.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Anyone with a strong determination to make our country a better place can bring the positive change,the younger leaders or the older ones.
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    I totally agree with WHATS IN NAME that anyone with strong determination to make a goog country can be benificiary for the betterment of the country .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think one can except a great deal of good management from the younger leadership.In my opinion they are likely to view the situation with the clearer perspective and a more educated outlook
    Young doesn't imply better. There are many management skills only learned over a period of time. Otherwise, the best run governments in the world would have had all MBAs 😀 . Education does play an important role in enabling the humans to understand the situation; however I think it plays little role in changing the intentions.

An educated candidate with crook mentality may prove to be a bigger damage [ Satyam ex CEO : Ramalinga Raju 😀 ].
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    Yes young guns can surely bring it forward!They have modern techiniques to implement and modern mind.They can use TQM method too.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    I think politics is all about leadership, and a leadership requires a good leader who lead the team or a party to a high value or a at top, and to be a good leader he/she should have pity much amount of experience about that political field. But younger generations dosen't have so much interest and so much knowledge about politics so that they can lead a political party.
    For being a politician it is also necessary to have a political family so that a youngster from that political family should have some knowlegde about political arena from his/her elders.
    But on the other side I also not disagree from this point of youth participation in politics, because they have a modern technique to think for the modern country and they have new management ideas to think for the society.
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    @rishi:hello rishi i think you have a wrong notion regarding politics.politics is not what are being done today by our leaders so according to me for leading a country you need not to have a political background.What all you have to know is to how the country should run in a good manner and to know this you just have to keep all the lows in your mind and work acordingly.that's it
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    @anand:
    In my issue I have just tried to point that in political arena it is helpful to a youngster if he/she has any political background. Yes, it's not the main thing to have a political background but it's very necessary to have a very knowledgeful adviser in this political arena to led a youngster to led the party.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Youth in politics will create a great change to the present one as they would have more ideas and is believed to solve the problem at right time. But there should be a benchmark to enter politics and lot of experience too.It would be more effective if a proper mixture of youth and aged people in politics.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I would say that , to solve the basic problems which we are facing currently we donot need youth or any changes!
    Just if we can avoid corruption from now with the politicians now existing we can improve a lot.

Next comes the development , Youth has more risk taking attitude and challenging than aged (my opinion) so we can develop well in the fields of nuclear energy and all latest technologies!
    I mean the they can fund for the research , there are many universities all over the world where they spend lot of money on research!

Education again plays a major role in deciding the progress!

To state a negative point , as Biggie said people look for free lunches , easy money if available.
    If youth join politics , if they have interest towards corruption then that country will never develop!
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    Till recently, politicians had been portrayed as old, potbellied and often sleazy. That has now changed.It may be due to changes in times or a desire to be real, young Indian leaders like Milind Deora, Sachin Pilot and Priyanka Gandhi are defining the image of on-screen politicians in Bollywood.It shows that all people believe that youth can hold politics much better.
    And in reality it is true. Youth have new innovative ideas, new technology, new solutions to problems faced by common people, much better understanding to the present situations. So, youth participation in a politics will lead to great change and a continuous progress of nation.
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    I dont think youth participation can make any change, because any young educated leader that goes into the politics also become the like the other corrupted leaders.
    For making change the whole politics system must be changed otherwise any good person become bad after coming to the company of bad peoples.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    We have SK( youth council) here in the Philippines and they are really great help to hear the voice of Filipino youths😀. They also brought a great change in our government.
    Sangguniang Kabataan
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    I've often heard that young populations tries to stay away from politics. Lot of people have complained that unless youth participate in politics; we can't expect paradigm shift.

Do you think youth participation in politics will change the things? The bigger question is 'How?'.
    To be frank, my view is also not getting into politics. As you see, if a youth enters the politics, it will ruin his life and make him corrupt. There are many examples of it and there have been many movies showing what might happen when youth comes into politics.
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Youth..no way. They are not going to come forward. Because they may feel insecure and their parents wont allow them to go. Youth thinks about doing something good to their country but never tries to implement them. Sorry if i am rude. I already tried this topic on CE and the response was very bad ! so saying like this 😔
    ursplfrnd
    Youth..no way. They are not going to come forward. Because they may feel insecure and their parents wont allow them to go. Youth thinks about doing something good to their country but never tries to implement them. Sorry if i am rude. I already tried this topic on CE and the response was very bad ! so saying like this 😔
    How can you say that they never try to implement? Man!!! But you are right when you say they won't come forward and parental pressures too! 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    By the time a youth comes up to change the nation for good he already becomes old. So we are always ruled by old. 😛

But if someone wants a change deeply then no one can stop him irrespective of whether he is young or old. 😀
    ishutopre
    By the time a youth comes up to change the nation for good he already becomes old. So we are always ruled by old. 😛

But if someone wants a change deeply then no one can stop him irrespective of whether he is young or old. 😀
    That's a good point Ishu... But who will be like that amidst of these corrupted ____s... ??
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    but here in my view students can't able to withstand with the politics played by present one's
    so, its better to get evil brains and corruption oriented to win in the elections
    because in my view politics are very big dustbin with great flies who cause even death to innocents
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    i dont think so...because even if the youth willing to do anything good or change something they need some platform....many of the politicians right now they will catch this and take this as advantage and utilize intelligently and squeez them and finally make the youth to not to get any platform and youth slowly looses their determination and drops out...this is the case i have seen in my community.
  • Rucha Wankhede
    Rucha Wankhede
    The answer to;should youth join in, is a yes. The answer to will it change anything- is a 50-50 depends. The big question as pointed out earlier is 'how'.

Considering that youth does participate in Political arena overcoming various hurdles of lineage, background, platform et al, the most important thing expectant of them to bring to fore is- a 'ray of hope' (a new energy that is so characteristic of the young). And I think as philosophical as it may sound, our country could use it more of it even more than 'experience'.

Youth- given their age and exposure to technology and world around with a zeal to learn, are always in a space to bring new, out-of-the-box ideas to the table, their problem solving approach is daring and ingenious given the pliability of ideas and dogmas. They are also expected to be more in touch with the aspirations of a 'young' nation as ours where most of the population is below the age of 35.

However, having said it all, it can also act as a double-edged sword. There can be ills of impulsive decisions, taking things at face value, and a lack of determined strong, visioned approach at times. Hence there needs to be a balanced ratio of old and young. But unfortunately in our country it is highly skewed towards the former end. Hence more participation of an well informed enlightened youth would always help.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Giveaway #22: 16th November
    Rs. 500 Amazon Gift Card!

[​IMG]

How To Participate?

Write your thoughts about 'Participation of Youth In Politics' in replies below and the best entry will win a Rs. 500 Amazon Gift Card!

Deadline: 11:59 PM (IST)

Rules of the Contest:
    1. Your entry must be 100% original.
    2. Any entry having copied content from other websites or any other source will be deleted and disqualified.
    3. Entries made after 12:00 AM tonight will not be considered for the giveaway.
    4. Winner will be declared here tomorrow i.e. on 17th November
    5. Decisions made by CrazyEngineers organising team will be final and abiding to all the giveaway participants.
  • mahender prajapath
    mahender prajapath
    50-50.

We cannot assured that youth will also be working fine.

As we knows that everyone in the politics makes such promises to take nation ahead but they fails.
    So as youth is not having such experience too to do well in politics.
  • Deevit Naik
    Deevit Naik
    'Participation of Youth In Politics'
    It depends on the candidate who stands in politics if he have any new thoughts for development then he can take any kind of decision irrespective of anything . Or else if he is found liable then there will no other person worst than him.
    Even the youth should follow his leaders as he will be for first time or having less experienced from others..
  • shreevathsa nagabushan
    shreevathsa nagabushan
    India having population of 1.25 Billion to maintain that much there are 70% of population in India are under the age of 35 which means youth have that much of power but not patience as Senior or experienced political leaders now our prime minister having terrible thought of doing great for nation.
    There is not only youth, can get some change if entered in to politics but they give up at certain movement because of dominance by senior and public so many things.The youth having passion in entering to politics that's great.
    "MY FINAL WORD IS YOUTH CAN/ONLY HAVING PASSION AND CLEAN VISION AND PURPOSE.
  • Shubham Jaitly
    Shubham Jaitly
    Yes definitely , Youth participation in politics can definitely lead to change in things and it may also make public attentive to the regular generalised topics and discussions. People or we say Public always need a very directed leading hand and if this hand would be of our youth's then literally it could be of great help. But the participating youth must also be directed to their goals and must be very prepared ( mentally the most ) to face their obstacles..!!
  • Shyam Sundar Reddy Peram
    Shyam Sundar Reddy Peram
    I thought that youth can enter into politics.Since developing countries like our INDIA depended mostly on the youth.Youth is the only one more concerned about the society and it's evils around the society.They hav much capability of thinking,young blood ,spirituality etc..,to put their hands to brought a change in the society..
  • jeet4242
    jeet4242
    I would like to say that in our country 80-85% people are youth and they know abut hw our country faces problem..they are very educated and they have very fair decision for people..they know that hw to increase revenue of our country..youth are youth...youth hav faith to do for country
  • Dilip Ramakrishnan
    Dilip Ramakrishnan
    Participation of Youth In Politics :
    No youth should not participate in politics their is a way better future and career for youths should go after which will help them and the country to develop and grow .Going after Politics will not let them learn anything
  • Incredibly cute
    Incredibly cute
    Youth is an over-hyped term now-a-days,the one stop solution of all the problems of the country.But, being myself a youth,I don't think we are mature enough to sail the ocean without being taught to swim.We are innovative,energetic,trustworthy but we need a proper guidance. Youth participation is worthy only when the candidate involved is willing for a change and have a good and proper guidance,as,the ocean(politics) contain variety of animals, who just are in a search of opportunity to kill and satisfy themselves.
  • Punam Gupta
    Punam Gupta
    Unless some youth enters into the politics we can't actually say anything. See "Every Coin has two sides." Once a youth enters politics he might continue to follow his path of improving the politics and clean it but on the other hand he might get blinded by the blitz of Politics. The money and power in hand these vices may bind him and divert him from his original path.
    Youth of today are well connected and are tech savvy they might help in the Digital India initiative and their well connectedness might come in handy to solve problems but they are also very easily diverted from the path.
    A youth which has the focus and won't get easily hindered from his path will definitely do wonders for the nation for others we can't say anything as of now.
  • ashwani ayyappan
    ashwani ayyappan
    Yes of course youth should participate in politics. But that doesnt mean that anyone who can be tagged as youth can participate. Because nowadays most of the crimes are also done by this YOUTH itself. So we must select one who have the mind to make a change. Only such clean minded youth can perform well. But you know something the leaders that we have now also were youth. But do you think they have changed anything during their youthful days. Nothing happened..!! Right? So none can be believed in politics. So i want all my people to have a look on our country and neighbouring countries. They have developed a lot and we are still called as " DEVELOPING COUNTRY"!!. Have you ever thought about this? Actually what does our country lacks?? Is that a good politician or something else? So everyone should change their mind to change the present scenario, not only the youth or politician but each and everyone who belong to this nation.
  • Chinmay Joshi
    Chinmay Joshi
    Hi all.. I think not only Youth factor but also 'the system of participation' need to be changed. Now I will elaborate the system of participation part in my statement. There is one obvious though which comes into my mind that when the elections are at door step, we see group of people from any party visiting door to door asking for votes. WHY only during elections and not after getting elected.
    The system is totally selfish and not social. They want to win for strengthening themselves as a MLA or MP. There is no thought of Social Welfare behind it. In order to improve this method,we must implement new process of application for getting elected somewhat similar to our campus recruitment process. One may feel this funny, but , its actually what is required today. So Youths will dominate because they would be having better IDEAS. And also they will compete with each other on the basis of there indivisual thought similar to group discussion. SO Finally Society Will Get The Best Among All For Driving The Nation.
  • Ekta Bhatt
    Ekta Bhatt
    As a saying goes, "Almost everything that is great has been done by youth". Youth represent power and creativity, they signify the intent to go on and this is what is exactly required in politics. Politics is a crucial chapter that lives with each passing era in all the countries, it gives the denizens of a country a way to have a say in the do's and dont's of everyday lives. Youth of today, if we talk about India are very well aware of their capabilities and are very much seen participating in different creative as well as diverse activities showing and proving their potential. They can surely bring up an enthusiasm if they participate in politics in India which is overflowing with septuagenarian. They can help bring a new way of thinking in the otherwise mundane political situations that take place in our country. Involvement of youth in politics will definitely help in letting India lead from the front in this world where every politician is involved more in internal disputes rather than solving disputes of people who they represent.
  • dayal1234
    dayal1234
    Ankita Katdare

[​IMG]

How To Participate?

Write your thoughts about 'Participation of Youth In Politics' in replies below and the best entry will win a Rs. 500 Amazon Gift Card!

Rules of the Contest:
    2. Any entry having copied content from other websites or any other source will be deleted and disqualified.
    5. Decisions made by CrazyEngineers organising team will be final and abiding to all the giveaway participants.
    CHANGE DOESN'T NEED ANY PARTICIPATION OF YOUTH. IT DEPENDS ON THEIR SPIRIT OR THEIR THINKING. YOUTH CAN ALSO SPOIL OUR COUNTRY. SO SPIRIT DOES MATTER. OUR PM IS NOT YOUTH.. BUT STILL HIS SPIRIT AND HIS THINKING POSITIVE TO TAKE OUR NATION HIGH.
  • Mukesh Kapoor
    Mukesh Kapoor
    In politics youth can change politics Value and view of politics. At present politicians are thinks that the nation or place properties of them. Their thinks is so old.If I youth join politics they reduce corruption and developing the country. Youth increasing the education level of country and do aware thr people all issue and sopve the problem.
  • pizzie
    pizzie
    Participation in politics doesn't mean that we have to be a member of a political party.In my opinion as a youth if you can't participate in politics directly atleast influence people with your political ideas and make them realize how they can help in the same.
  • Prabhuvu C M
    Prabhuvu C M
    Change in a country can be achieved by practising innovative and bold decisions. As per the present scenario, young people proved to be the best CEOs of many multi national companies in India. Mr Gourav Banerjee (GM, Star Plus), Mr. Manu Kumar Jain (Head, Xiaomi India), Mr. Satheesh Krishna Murthy (Head, Axis Bank), Ms. Samerin Bhasin (CMO, Wildcraft) and Ms. Vani Guptha Dandia (Director Mktg, Kurkure & Pepsi CO) are a few to name among a unending list of talent. All these persons had proved to the nation how the talent of youth is useful to the nation.
    Hence, I would say that participation of youth in politics is very useful and essential, if want our nation to progress towards developed countries.
  • Vaishnavi Krishna
    Vaishnavi Krishna
    Hi Everyone..The world is day by day changing, and Technology is improving our strength to Motivate new ideas to implement. But In politics sector, our countries growth is decreasing.We know that , only 10 to 15 % of politicians are educated and doing some changes in growth of country.The Other thing is most of the politicians are aged above 50.So speed and occuracy of the new idea is getting down.In Case in every state Government will accept youths in politics,the New ideas will increase ,easily those thoughts are send to the people,there is Nothing struggles or disturbance happens during the program periods.Because the educated youths fully check and analysing the problems ways.So they increasing our society Economy Growth & Literacy Power.
  • Tulsi10
    Tulsi10
    I think there will be an impact if youth start participating in politics.Our nation has a bigger population of youths and converting these energetic ,ideal minds for the benefit of nation can be very useful.Firstly,people moreover youths in Indian politics must have a to participate in politics so as to have a basic idea about Indian politics.Also, Indian youth can blend a lot of things like technology, communication skills, academic knowledge, making things work fast through the power of internet, social service, etc. and can do better things for the society.Also,for candidates to participate in politics there should be some basic test to evaluate them in fields of knowledge, intelligence, statistics, patience, hardworking, good decision making capabilities, judgement, brave,team working attitude, against corruption and must be really dedicated for the welfare of the nation and its people.
    Seriously,We all wish participation of youths in Indian politics for betterment of our nation.
  • Gourav jain
    Gourav jain
    "Participation of youth in politics"
    I will start writing my thought with this famous quote -
    “Our youth are not failing the system; the system is failing our youth. Ironically, the very youth who are being treated the worst are the young people who are going to lead us out of this nightmare.” — Rachel Jackson
    There are several reason which clear that the youth have to be in politics
    1.As we see now a days politics is an business in which the families of an politicians are participating for their benefits and the greed for the Red light car and Powers.
    2.The son & Daughters of an politicians are in politics, so if you want to change the problem of unemployment,education & Basic needs then we have to elect those people which are not belong to political background i.e. youth
    3.Now a days Youths are highly active on social medias then it can understand better what is the basic needs & problems of people and what they actually want by their political leaders.
    4. There are certain laws in our Indian constitution and in Indian Penal Code which are not in favour of democracy and it is highly beneficial for politicians then we elect youth on the basis of several terms & conditions as a political leader then it can surely change or modified those laws which can be established by British government before India's freedom.
    5.Experienced Leaders are also important to make country better we can not give the whole power to youth,because for becoming a successful country the experienced people are also necessary in politics.
    6.The Simple Formula of made India as no.1 Country in the world is

Energy of Youth + Experience of our Leaders = Makes Country better

At last I want to say that the youth have an capability of taking fast decision and it is recharged with lots of energy & it is wasting his energy in non resulting things if we turn this energy in politics or in developing country then surely we can change the status of our country from developing to developed country soon.
  • Srikanth Yerrawada
    Srikanth Yerrawada
    Youth always has an enormous role in defining a country's future. Having 65% youth out of total population sounds cool but we should check whether that youthful zeal is travelling in a right path or not. Most people think decisions made in a young age are immature, but we should recognize that decisions took in early stages of life are far more stronger than the decisions took later. Politics has transformed from societal welfare to individual development. To raise voice against such system it takes courage and a great amount of self belief, if we are lucky enough to find such persons it would be more than a brahmastra on Indian corrupt politics. To transform our youth into such leaders their ideas and thought processes should be streamlined and channelized to a greater effect. Hope it can be done in nearby future.
  • RISHAB JOHNSON
    RISHAB JOHNSON
    Yes, youths are now more eligible than any one. Taking decisions at the particular instant, potential to withstand or face any problem at any time, good leadership skills and most probably their respect to the Nation will make them more evitable part of the politics. But, introducing youth without a good experience of politics will have to suffer a lot. For the youth to be accepted by society, they have to work together with other famous leaders who had faced many challenges, difficulties and success in their entire political life. These senior leaders can give much knowledge, history and political ideas of how we can stand for the people. This will surely make the Youths more powerfull and their young minds can also lead the Nation to the top.
  • Nikhil Tyagi
    Nikhil Tyagi
    Second reason may be that young people are not given opportunities to prove themselves claiming that they are not equipped with experience to participate actively in the governance of the country. This reason seems to be more logical seeing the monopoly of old leaders in almost all the major political parties of the country. Old people should realize that proper development can take place only when they make way for younger people to take control of the activities.

There are few things which need to be clarified. One that youngsters do not mean people who are 20 years old with no experience at all. Youth in this context is meant to refer people in their 30’s or early 40’s with a good mix of energy and experience. Two, it is not intended to mean that old people should leave the political scene and rest. What is wanted is that they should be there but for guidance because they are treasures of invaluable experience.

There are a few things which I would like to suggest. There should be a retirement age for politicians as well which may be around 65 years. There should also be some educational qualification for politicians. How can we give those illiterates the key to our country whom we can not give the key to our house? People with serious criminal background should not be allowed to contest elections.

As for the youth of our country, they can contribute in more ways than just contesting elections. Much can be done in areas like educating people, raising awareness about various social ills, and many other areas.

We can just wish that the next time we go to vote we find more names of youngsters who can make our country a better place to live in.
  • vignesh durai
    vignesh durai
    Why should a youth participate in politics...?
    An experienced candidate must participate in politics.
    but a youth can suggest inovative ideas, the world is only depends on timepoliticsandyouth
  • viral bajaniya
    viral bajaniya
    1. Viral Bajaniya
    My reply for the youth participate for the politics

according to me to participate in politics we need some characteristics we have to think all the things in all aspects, some decision which should be taken by a cool mind an in favour of all.
    while i think youth thinks more agressively take an example of ind-pak relation all agressively thinking people suggests“ we should declare war ” but in reality during war both the contries have to suffer alot this is which i call agressiveness youth not all of them thinks like that but i am talking about majority.
    no doubt youth has new and innovative ideas but we should not forget that the elders have more experience...
    The youth of modern India are aware of the problems facing our country and the world at large. Given a chance they would be ready to change the political condition of the country for better.
    WE SHOULD NOT FORGET THAT THERE ARE SOME SENSITIVE POINTS IN COUNTRY WHERE THERE IS NO PLACE OF AGGRESSIVE IDEAS WHILE SOLVING THEM AT THAT TIME WE REQUIRE A COOL AND CALM AND EXPERIENCED BUDDY THAT IS WE KNOW WHO IS THAT!!!!
    And who say that both of them youth and elders cant works together!??
    with mordern ,energatic and innovative thoughts of youth and experience of relation and events!???
    And who says that bot of them youth and elders cant work together!???
    whith a mordern,energatic and innovative thoughts of youth and experience of relation and events of elders
    !???
    Work and grow up togather we should nominates youths in some departments but putting an retirement age in politcs is not nessesory and not in benifitial also....
  • Nikhil Tyagi
    Nikhil Tyagi
    Yes youth can participate in the politics but,nowadays we have young leaders like Rahul Gandhi,Varun Gandhi etc,but they are in the politics because they belong to influential political families. In india it is impossible to find a young leader without political family background in the furor of politics.
  • trineshtm9999
    trineshtm9999
    Youth interest is the dynamic engagement of youngsters all through their own particular groups. It is regularly utilized as a shorthand for youth investment in any numerous structures, including basic leadership, games, schools and any movement where youngsters are not truly locked in.
    They can be an imaginative constrain, a dynamic wellspring of advancements, and they have without a doubt, all through history, partook, contributed, and even catalyzed critical changes in political frameworks, control sharing elements and monetary open doors.

Nonetheless, youth additionally confront destitution, hindrances to instruction, numerous types of separation and constrained work prospects and openings. Since the Arab Awakening numerous adolescent in the locale have remained politically dynamic through "political developments" rather than drawing in with and in political gatherings. Young fellows and ladies are customarily dynamic politically in colleges (when permitted) yet regularly frustrated with political authority and political organizations and barred from approach advancement.
    Thus, political activism of youth is not composed by groupings.
    Open doors for youth to take part in administration and partake in political and basic leadership forms depend to a great extent on the political, financial, and social settings where social
    standards in numerous parts of the world result in various types of victimization youthful ladies.

Both formal and casual engagement can be comprehended as political interest, and both are gainful for a striking and flexible majority rules system and ought to be upheld. 4

There is solid proof that the support of youngsters in formal, institutional political procedures is generally low at the point when contrasted with more seasoned residents over the globe. This difficulties the representativeness of the political framework and prompts to the disappointment of youngsters.
  • Ankita Verma
    Ankita Verma
    Its all depends individual mind. Its not like only youth can change politics. Everyone knows what our Honorable PM Narendra Modi is doing to improve India's economy, culture, politics, literacy etc. He does not belong to youth but still he has a young mind who wants to craft India to make it better. But one thing we all know, now youth are bit more intelligent, we are getting better education. We love to accepts challenges in our life. Challenges can be anything, to solve some puzzles to generate intellectual ideas like Rupees symbol for Indian currency etc. We have that new mind which can do anything if we really want to. We can shape politics in a new way. Today's politicians are more engaged in making money. Nobody really cares about normal public. I am saying that youth don't want money, it is just that we want money for doing something great.Our ideas might be crazy but after execution, outcome will be good enough. So in my opinion its 50-50 chance.
  • Soumya Palanati
    Soumya Palanati
    "Youth" ,the word itself defines Full of Energy, Full Of Ideas, I feel that if at all if Youth starts participating in Politics it will bring Many Changes( which is Positive)because The Perspective from which they see might bring a change in the Current Scenario. Because the way they think is quite different from the Elders, I Mean they Might Come out with Brilliant Ideas which are Thought Provoking & it might even bring an Urge to Change the Old Melodrama ending up Wicked Politics. If at all if one takes Initiative & Move Forward irrespective of the fact that they are pre-occupied then it will surely Add to the benefits of the Nation.
  • Romax Rajeev
    Romax Rajeev
    Participation of Youth in Politics
    Youth has the power to change the workings of the world because of their zeal, their energy to see the work done at any cost. They have revolutionary ideas which when given a chance, will surely bring the nation to greater heights. The young people can undertake risks, gather popularity and fulfill the demands of the nation by their ideas and the help of the elders. Not only as a representative, but also as a voter, youth can change the perspective of the nation. More relevant and organized decisions and laws can surely make our country a superpower with the youth power as a strong pillar of support.
  • Geervani Ashok Bhat
    Geervani Ashok Bhat
    Cannot say a complete YES or NO. Politics is not for only ONE person!! It involves an entire area, district, State , Country or a Nation. India is country where its maximum population comprises of Youths, but it does not mean that Participation of Youth in Politics will bring any change. It all depends on the mindset of the people. Citizens have seen the politics in a worst possible way, have lost all the hope in bringing any change to the nation through politics. Firstly we need to bring positive energy in citizens and then can think of participation of Youth in politics.
    Youths have lot of positive energy in them. They have ideas too but lack experiences.
    And to lead a country like INDIA, one has to experience the BEST and the WORST before entering politics.
    I would say Youth participation in politics can bring a huge change in the society provided the Youth take it in a positive way.
  • PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    There are various action training schools situated within our country to nurture tomorrows talents. Pune film institute has produced several actors and actresses ,who are now a days treated as big celebrities by virtue of their precious quality.Similarly politics is also a sacred sector,where today's performers are yesterday's apprentices.Today ,who're young,might not for get their tomorrow's responsibility.Young generation should come up with endeavour to take the onus to run the country in future.They should understand the morality of politics.Politics and corruption are not similar words,it is some corrupt politicians made it so.If educated persons come forward to join politics for better tomorrow,then they should be welcomed.Today's youth are tomorrow's eligible. An honest and intelligent youth can show the right path to the entire nation.We are too much dependent on them,not for present,but for the future of the country.
  • Tarun Goel
    Tarun Goel
    Ankita Katdare

[​IMG]

How To Participate?

Rules of the Contest:
    Yes of course ! I think today is the need of the country that youth must have to participate in the politics, when youth can participate in the movements like "India against Corruption" 5 years ago then why can't they participate in politics. Now time is changing so the world, we can not live with the older thoughts and policies in our system if we want to be superpower. I'm not saying that older generation should not be there in politics anymore they are also required for their invaluable experience.
    Now there are some points which i want to mention that are as follows:
    1. The most important point is that as today India's 65% population is under 35 so youth knows what the major portion of population are facing which type of problems.
    2. Second thing is that today many politicians are not going to ground problems while they just plan in their offices, yes it's also compulsory but for field work or ground problem we need politicians with more energy and passion and I want to mention here that our honorable PM is exception that at this age he is doing such hard work.
    3.Today's youth is more familiar with technology, more sensitive towards problems of common people.
    4. Today's youth doesn't believe in caste or religion based politics, so they will not say or do any task which divide the people of this country.
  • Aniket Avinash Naik
    Aniket Avinash Naik
    I think youths are having new thoughts and ideas. They can also make use of various new technologies for development purpose as compared to elder one's. Only the thing is lack of experiance, but it can be developed only by actual participation. So according to me youths must actively participate in politics.
  • Vishal Borana
    Vishal Borana
    Youth in politics:
    According to the current scenario and what we have been seeing from the past , it is quite clear that 'Politics' in India is only for the old people. Akhilesh yadav is one such example of youth in politics.We can't forget the statement by kanhaiya Kumar which was so inspiring. Talk about youth and the name sachin pilot comes to your mind .
    For the youth to come forward in politics a new political party needs to be formed and the people need to start believing in the youth.
  • rahul segannpaul
    rahul segannpaul
    Participation of Youth In Politics-
    Our country has a strong era of politics from before independence and after independence.In those period our today's national leaders are only youngster in that time they take initiative and fight for the rights.Most of the successful politicians are came into this field on their teenage.but these all happen in 19's century only!!
    know a days youngster feel uncomfortable about the politics.Because olden people still in the cabinet chamber. even though they have experience, they lag with the new technology.Youngster can change the word,before entering of youngster in politics aged people are gave way to them to lead the nation in their way.Because today generation youth has a great vision about culture and civilization.
    my opinion is youth participation is essential.
  • calida pereira
    calida pereira
    If you're a youth from a middle-class family,getting into politics may never strike you as a career option because of the strong negative consensus trending in the minds of people that politics is best suited for the corrupt.Even if one musters courage and joins politics as a full-time career its takes really long before you actually get recognized for the work you do unless you're from an influential political family.Amidst all this, if the youth of our nation decide to join politics for the right reasons there is a lot a young country like India can gain from the zeal young politicians can bring to the table.Think about it,youth, in general, are more enthusiastic and energetic.The new perspectives, ideas, and technology friendliness are probably what's most needed to push today's world of politics forward.With youth being there as representatives, decisions and policies having first-hand effect on the youth can be taken with their consultation.Sure experience maybe something they lack, they may be idealistic and gullible but only when given a chance can anybody learn, grow and prove themselves.

All this being said,in conclusion,seeing the youth in politics can be a refreshing change,however, if politics to them ,is merely a means to climb their way to power,it's better they choose to stay out of it.The country does not need more power hungry politicians but revolutionary public serving individuals.It's not about who is in politics, young or old, but why a person chooses to enter politics.Anyone who enters politics with the right answer for the 'why' will somehow always find the right answer to the 'How' and will never cease in his endeavors to find how to bring the necessary change.
  • Shatrunjay Prabhat
    Shatrunjay Prabhat
    Politics, Its one of the best way to change the shape of country. As we can see most of the educated and skilled youths hate politics. I too hate it. But, Is it that bad? No, It's not. We often see the rules made by government and say that what is this shit? It should be like this. But, we don't wan to do anything about it. We will just sit in our house and curse the politicians and government.
    Youths are the most energetic, creative and enthusiastic mass of a country. He can change anything if he wants. According to me, we youths must participate in the politics but for good cause. I am not saying that all of us should become politician. But some of us should participate in politics also. We can directly discuss our ideas with government. We can change the shape of our country in this way. We can increase the speed of development. It is one of the best way to serve our country.
  • Anil Gavandhale
    Anil Gavandhale
    Youth participation in politics
    There will be extreme change in the politics if youth can take part.According to me the finance minister must be the knowledgeable student of commerce.Home minister be the major of the army.Agricutural minister may be the student of agriculture . Health minister medical student.And the candidate must have passion to serve the nation and to develop the nation.
    The current system is that department is given on the basis of money power.If you want the change in the politics it start from own .The person without money can't stand in election .if we could make the association like crazy engineer's or the party then no one can stop us .We can change everything thing if youth comes together. We have social media for advertising .Dr. B.R. Ambedkar told that if youth of the nation spend their time in library instead of temple,theatre then within a year name of India will be in the list of developed countries.Still we have time for election 2019 we can change if we come together.
  • Shashank11008
    Shashank11008
    Participation of youth in politics is necessary.
    It is necessary so that new leaders can emerge as these youth grow up with this political experience .
    It will be helpful if the revolutionary nature of youth attacks the established
  • gopala krishnan
    gopala krishnan
    Hello actually youngest student having active bloods ...they will take any type of the work with risk they don't wait for anything..also they take the action for future plans.. also they are frequently updated the current status of the world by everyday..also they were think about what should be safer and better for my world..also how to overcome the problems..they find the new technology based solutions..also they think how to win..in my point of view like the prasanth kishore was the youngest advisor for politician. also the akilesh yadav also the youngest politician. They make the country with better economic development in the world
  • Shashank11008
    Shashank11008
    It is necessary so that new leaders can emerge as these youth grow up with the political experience .
    It will be helpful if the revolutionary nature of youth attacks the established evils of traditional politics in India, but not if they go with the flow of the established political system.
    Not only direct, but also indirect participation of youth in politics is important, especially at a time when 65% of the Indian population is young. This indirect participation of the people means facilitating the government to make tough decisions by letting go of the evils and prejudices within themselves. This can be done best by the youth, as they have been exposed to the more rational options through their lives(in the form of globalisation) than the previous generations were. As we see that the evils of corruption, social prejudices, etc are still a major part of the politics in India, because the people themselves support these issues at many places locally. The new generation of youth can play a very crucial role in changing this.

As former Singapore Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew said,"Democracy is only successful when the voting population is smart." This doesn't mean that everyone needs to be an intellectual, but it simply means that the voters need to make informed decisions, which comes from a serious participation in politics. Moreover, the youth can participate in politics effectively by supporting the government in implementing the good decisions, rising above the favoritism, which has become very common phenomenon in today's politics. Of course, they also need to criticize the government in their wrong actions, but this decision of right and wrong should be based on independent, rational thinking to be correct.

Our country can be a shining star very soon if the CORRECT participation of the youth in politics as mentioned above is achieved.

Thank You!
  • Shashank11008
    Shashank11008
    Shashank11008
    It is necessary so that new leaders can emerge as these youth grow up with this political experience .
    It will be helpful if the revolutionary nature of youth attacks the established
    It is necessary so that new leaders can emerge as these youth grow up with the political experience .
    It will be helpful if the revolutionary nature of youth attacks the established evils of traditional politics in India, but not if they go with the flow of the established political system.
    Not only direct, but also indirect participation of youth in politics is important, especially at a time when 65% of the Indian population is young. This indirect participation of the people means facilitating the government to make tough decisions by letting go of the evils and prejudices within themselves. This can be done best by the youth, as they have been exposed to the more rational options through their lives(in the form of globalisation) than the previous generations were. As we see that the evils of corruption, social prejudices, etc are still a major part of the politics in India, because the people themselves support these issues at many places locally. The new generation of youth can play a very crucial role in changing this.

As former Singapore Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew said,"Democracy is only successful when the voting population is smart." This doesn't mean that everyone needs to be an intellectual, but it simply means that the voters need to make informed decisions, which comes from a serious participation in politics. Moreover, the youth can participate in politics effectively by supporting the government in implementing the good decisions, rising above the favoritism, which has become very common phenomenon in today's politics. Of course, they also need to criticize the government in their wrong actions, but this decision of right and wrong should be based on independent, rational thinking to be correct.

Our country can be a shining star very soon if the CORRECT participation of the youth in politics as mentioned above is achieved.

Thank You!
  • T.Sudheer Kumar
    T.Sudheer Kumar
    Uneducated & Motiveless Youth participation in politics doesn't change our system they will be just normal politicians . But educated , goal oriented and those who loves & thinks to develop the country joining in politics there will be change that too not immediately , but there will be certain change in the politics slowly . Because as of now politics is considered only for those who want to earn money , rule ,to gain power and as a family profession.
    Because India's population is 50-60% is youth only they know why India is still under developing country , they knows common mans struggle because his father or mother or his friends family may be common man how is suffering and working hard for daily bread or butter .
    So once Youth starts participating in politics they will focus on those problems which are common to 70% population . They can also use technology in many aspects . With these things youth will have impact on politics in long-term and then others also who are in politics feels this not money earning profession they change their attitude towards common people and respect the everyone & country and do justice to their positions .
  • shailaja manne
    shailaja manne
    Ankita Katdare

[​IMG]

How To Participate?

Rules of the Contest:
    [/QUOTE
    In experience matter youth is not good but they know about new technology to develop nation.
    Every failure is experience to win the next task.
    So after some or few days they will get experience. Then youth develop the Nation.
  • maheswarasarma
    maheswarasarma
    There are few things which need to be clarified.
    1. That youngsters do not mean people who are 20 years old with no experience at all. Youth in this context is meant to refer people in their 30’s or early 40’s with a good mix of energy and experience. 👍

2. It does not mean that old people should leave the political scene and rest. 👍

What is wanted is that they should be there but for guidance because they are treasures of invaluable experience. There are a few things which I would like to suggest. They are..

1. There should be a retirement age for politicians as well which may be around 65 years. 👍👍
    2. There should also be some educational qualification for politicians. How can we give those illiterates the key to our country whom we can not give the key to our house? People with serious criminal background should not be allowed to contest elections.👍👍

As for the youth of our country, they can contribute in more ways than just contesting elections. Much can be done in areas like educating people, raising awareness about various social ills, and many other areas. 😁😁😁

Because nowadays the role of youngsters in every area of field is getting increased, but in political side the participation is less,but youth having more interest on them.First and foremost thing is from the age of 18-25 people,they must do voting..if they show interest in voting,then simultaneously they will get interest on politics..In my point of view,if youth's participation is more in politics our Indian country will surely be one of the developed countries on/before 2020.. 👍👍👍👍👍

We can just wish that the next time we go to vote we find more names of youngsters who can make our country a better place to live in. 😀😀😀

jaihind!! 🎉
  • Pooja Singh
    Pooja Singh
    In politics there is no youth and old.Politics demands innovative ideas and persuasion.It is a field to serve for the country and people of the country.Usually politicians are old as it needs experience to work in this field.But now a days many youngesters are participating in politics.It is a platform of interest for many young ones.The famous writer Srirangam Srinivas wrote, “Our country is not in the hands of lazy and corrupted old politicians, this country is ours i.e. youth”.The famous writer Srirangam Srinivas wrote, “Our country is not in the hands of lazy and corrupted old politicians, this country is ours i.e. youth”.
  • Engineer Shwetali
    Engineer Shwetali
    "YOUTH PARTICIPATION IN POLITICS"
    A great topic hereafter,participation of youth can definately make a positive change in the country on the basis of literacy.
    As youth can easily communicate with people,Todays youth have more enough knowledge,energy,skills but lack of experience so need to take guidance from the experienced people if want to make a country from Developing to Developed one.
    If old persons can make so much of changes then why youth can't?So Participation of Youth can definetly lead to positive change in the System
  • kuldeep mahato
    kuldeep mahato
    Hello! Everyone many initiatives were taken in many areas to develop the interest among people to enter politics. The Field of politics is usually a perception that it is not suited to Educated PeopleYouth In Indian Politics Cite Note Gupte 1 and this perception is being changed by many people who take up the idea of politics as their career and help promoting the cause.
  • FranklinBritto
    FranklinBritto
    Youth can change the way our nation works, it's just a matter of giving it your all.Anyone who genuinely sincerely wishes to bring a change can do so be it in any field he/she wishes to set foot in be it art,education or politics for that matter
  • kalaivani M
    kalaivani M
    Hi dear team,

Initially i thank you so much for choosing this topic! It shows crazyengineers.com is not only for technology but also for our society and that's simply overwhelming and welcoming.

Yes, participation of youth is something that should happen as soon as possible although we are interested in technology and science young minds should also involve in politics with at most responsibility and that should be supported by all.

Sad part of this topic is, it remains only in discussion and speech rather than action. As we all know the reason is nothing else but the fear of political giants, the fear of low economic level, the fear of continuous support from friends and family and what not..!

There are ways we can make this happen, let me share what i have in my mind:

1. Those who really care for our future generation, please wake up and educate your child about the daily politics let them analysis from now on.

2. If you are a teacher / part time session taker in any colleges or schools have time to share the importance of politics and make them understand they should watch the daily news as important as they brush and eat.

3. The best way to bring youth to politics is in the hands of parents, school teachers and college professors with whom the young minds spend their maximum time per day.

Just think how much we care for our children from choosing their schools to placing them in a good career ?? What is the use if there comes a situation like they are not allowed to live their life happily and honestly after their well earned money and property with a clean and safety environment due to the act of bad corruption / bribery / theft / gangsters?

So, lets take a self declaration to educate ourselves and our young generation (children / students / may be friends and relatives) about politics.Remember to encourage them to be bold enough to ask questions then and there when they feel right.

Make your child feel am a good decision maker, am a bold person, i can lead a team honestly and leave the rest to them. They will take care then on! Hope for the better future.
  • mohanraj raj
    mohanraj raj
    By 2020 the Indians population is espected to become the world youngest.More than 500 million indian citizens under 20 years of age.And more than two thirds of population will be eligible to work.This means that a growing number of Indians youth need right educational infrastructure to develop the skills and adequate the opturnuity to get the employed. If youth is participate in politics the country will improve.Because the youths have more creativity and good qualification.If any other person comes to politics the country will improve slightly.youths only the suitable person in politics.
  • saurabh pardhi
    saurabh pardhi
    Anil Gavandhale
    Youth participation in politics There will be extreme change in the politics if youth can take part.According to me the finance minister must be the knowledgeable student of commerce.Home minister be the major of the army.Agricutural minister may be the student of agriculture . Health minister medical student.And the candidate must have passion to serve the nation and to develop the nation. The current system is that department is given on the basis of money power.If you want the change in the politics it start from own .The person without money can't stand in election .if we could make the association like crazy engineer's or the party then no one can stop us .We can change everything thing if youth comes together. We have social media for advertising .Dr. B.R. Ambedkar told that if youth of the nation spend their time in library instead of temple,theatre then within a year name of India will be in the list of developed countries.Still we have time for election 2019 we can change if we come together.
  • mohanraj raj
    mohanraj raj
    B.MOHANRAJ
    By 2020 the Indians population is espected to become the world youngest.More than 500 million indian citizens under 20 years of age.And more than two thirds of population will be eligible to work.This means that a growing number of Indians youth need right educational infrastructure to develop the skills and adequate the opturnuity to get the employed. If youth is participate in politics the country will improve.Because the youths have more creativity and good qualification.If any other person comes to politics the country will improve slightly.youths only the suitable person in politics.
  • Omkar Tambe
    Omkar Tambe
    It is rightly said that "If there is something wrong those who have the ability to take action bear the responsibility to take action"

According to me involvement of youth in politics is good but it would be better if people who are really interested in the development of the country(some people are just interested in there own development), have the ability to change the situation, come forward and actively take part in politics no matter of what age they are! because it is the peoples intrest that make them work effectively.

Youth are necessary in politics because youth have the "desire to change" the situation. But only youth is also not favorable. We also need old people in politics as these are the people with experience. Thus they can guid the youth ,and with the collation of both age groups only we can form a good government.

We should not forget that India got Independence due to youths like Bhagat singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru and many more(the youth) and people like Mahatma gandhi, Sardar patel etc(The experienced people)who took part in the freedom movement. Without the participation of youth in the struggle it would have been impossible to get freedom from Britishers.

Thus in short " RATHER THAN THE THE AGE CRITERIA IT IS NECESSARY THAT PEOPLE FOR WHOME SERVING THE COUNTRY AND PEOPLE IS THEIR ONLY MOTO AND PEOPLE WHO DESIRE CHANGE AND HAVE ABILITY TO CHANGE BRING THE CHANGE SHOULD TAKE PART IN POLITICS"

Talking about the latest scenario and reason for low participation of youth in politics.
    The latest census shows that 50% of population in India is less than the age of 25 and 65% is less than age of 35. This makes India with largest youth population in world.
    Though we have such energetic, intelligent manpower least of it show interest in politics as there career. There are two main reasons for it,
    1. It is not easy for a youngster having belonging to a family having no political background to enter into politics (We can see most of the young minds in politics have political family background e.g Rahul gandhi.)
    2. Young people are not given the opportunity to prove themselves thinking they lack in experience to participate in governance.
  • Mayar Alam
    Mayar Alam
    Dear Sir/Madam
    My today's topic is about youth participation in politics.In my opinion i think that it doesn't matter that the politician is youth or old,the thing which will matter most is his/her thinking and mentality.I am not saying that youth cannot take better decisions or old person cannot take better decisions.I am trying to say that the decision should be in favor of the citizens of the state/country.Let's take an example
    The decision of changing all the notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 taken by our honorable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi is very good for country.Now this doesn't means that Modi sir is old that's why he is taking this decision,if he would be youth he will take the same decision as his thinking towards the indian citizen is very good and also his dream is to see the India as a developed country.This is the actual reason i think that the matter of youth or old doesn't matters,the thing which matters more is thinking and mentality.
  • Keshav Singh
    Keshav Singh
    Youth participation in Politics.
    It's really a topic to be discussed
    According to me participation of youth in politics can bring a remarkable change in politics.
    As everyone knows that the government has reduced the eligibility for casting vote from 21 to 18 , it is quite indication that youth should take part in politics so that the can understand their responsibility and involve themselves in decision making.
    Now at lastly I would like to keep my views that if a youth will take part in politics then there will be no discrimination on the basic of caste or even sex..or creed ,as they are the new generations . To introduce Youth in politics they only need a proper guidance and the must have courage and believe on themselves.
    I all together the only thing i would like to say that Youth can take better decision.
    Thank You.....for reading my post and please send a
    reply for my thoughts about the above topic...I welcome you replies...once again THANK YOU...
  • Kunnel Gopi Padmesh
    Kunnel Gopi Padmesh
    Bill gates, the owner of Microsoft, started it at the age of 20 with Paul Allen. Steve jobs founded apple at 21. Look where these companies stand now. They almost conquered our imaginations. If such great young minds have done such accomplishments, imagine at what intensity could they change our country.
    To be truthful and sincere, youth are updated of drastic changes in technology,science and so on therefore the capability of generating ideas. India is a young country with 65 percent of population under 35,while many countries have a population of average 40 onwards. Most successful people you see today have many success stories in their youth. Given a chance at that time, they would have created revolutions. Such marvelous ideas would not occur in their elderly age. Of course, I do not try to despise the elderly people but request them to support and encourage them with their experiences. So I strongly support and affirm that the youth can do a lot of wonders in this country what today's leaders cannot.So we must together, join our hands and hail the future leaders.
  • Venkatesh Guddad
    Venkatesh Guddad
    yes the participation of youth in politics is more important.Because now a days the youth are very smart so that they can think in the every point of veiw and they are good enough analyse and implement the rules as per the situation in the nation.And they are the people who are going o lift the india in coming decades.
  • Navneet Das
    Navneet Das
    Yes, youth participation in politics will change many things but we cannot be sure the change will be for the good or the bad. It all depends on the nature of human being.

As much visionary ideas youth possess, somewhere a youth criminal also has the same thinking ability. Frankly, today's youth can be the masterminds of a criminal plan. A youth with goodwill entering politics can be coaxed for wrongdoings by other party members.
    Also a youthful person doesn't guarantee a good political leader(frankly, Arvind Kejriwal, Rahul Gandhi) whereas leaders like Narendra Modi are setting a perfect example that age is not a factor to bring change.

Youth politics doesn't guarantee change. For all we know, it wouldn't change anything and things will go as always.

An intellectual person is needed in politics to bring change-no matter if he/she is youth or aged.
  • varsha varsha
    varsha varsha
    My Thoughts on "Participation of youth In Politics"
    PROS:-
    1.Gaining experience is one of the most important thing, to be pro in any field
    so, participation of youth will ultimately lead to good leaders with good decision-making capabilities.
    2.Educated youth will be the part of the political family, which itself is great.
    3.Youth are of-course risk taker, innovator, and changer besides that, it totally depends on people mindset and zeal to bring change in the nation.
    4.Today's youth have free mindset, for them, there is nothing called caste, north-south or state-wise differentiation, for them we are INDIAN.
    5. Youth coming from none political family, they know the real pain of common people.
    6.They themselves have experienced the bad impact of political family and education system and will definitely try to eliminate because they are youth having no lust for money as much the older people have.
    7.Can bring changes to large extend, as they are aware of new technology
    and demand in changing world.
    8.Youth are free, they actually want to change the nation for good and make their life meaningful by bringing change.

CONS:-
    1.Inexperienced participation may lead to the problem if given high valued task.
    but if youth take part in politics, it will add to their experience, which later on can be utilized to take the bold decisions with confidence.

Conclusion:- Bringing change, having experienced people, high esteemed youth,courageous people, and a buring zeal to bring the change in the world can be easily found in each and every youth, So youth participation is must.
  • Ritesh Deokar
    Ritesh Deokar
    The topic ' Youth Participation in Politics ' is one of the highly debated topics all over the globe. There are a lot of concepts and ideologies to this.
    Basically , the youth of the country is in an ill-state of mind that politics is something not to be undertaken as a nice and respected profession but as a source of making personal benefits. That results in lower participation of youths in politics and some of the young politicians that we see in the country are mostly because their parents or relatives have been in politics and they have the all-set background to get elected. Other youths whose family is not related to politics don't even hink of getting into it.
    But eventually , the role of youths in politics must be increased. Young generation have a better literacy rate ,and thus their qualification drives the ability to use logic wherever required. Thus , a more strategic and proper development is possible if youth participation increases. Considering the example of India , about 60 % of the population lies in the age group of 18-40. So if this youth population is energetic and optimistic about politics , then India can transform from being a developing to a developed nation.
    The other aspect of this debate is the lack of patience. Many youths that we see around have developed a practical approach towards life, and thus get angry or react quickly. This behaviour may affect the society around if public decisions are taken in such scenarios, and also relations globally.

Thus , we conclude that the participation of youth is a must in the country, but with a certain control and need of experience of senior leaders as well. If such participation increases , a country can really be developed and people's problems can be solved in a better way and in the proper time . - By Ritesh Deokar
  • reddimallu
    reddimallu
    Hello, All of us aware of that India is a democratic country and well developing country around the world. This is because of us only.... Now a days,politics became worst and feeling like dump yard due to some uneducated politicians. Because of that politicians, India was in lag in some areas like sports,development in rural areas, IT hub and they don't know what was going around the world even in their constituency.. These all can be changed by today's youth.
    In this generation, Youth will play a special vital role for world's imagination and development.In new democracies,younger generations are faced with the challenge of creating stability in the place of the chronic stability of the past.Youth will show positive commitment to democratic values and they will think what ordinary people are facing the problems. In economic terms,youth are specially vulnerable to increased unemployment ,because this hurts most who are just entering the market and they know the critical situation of the markets. Youth is best suitable for politics because they faced so many problems from elder politicians and they have idea that how to resolve the situations and will handle properly.Youth political views will be marginally different from those of their elders.in such circumstances, the turnover of generation changes rules,but it does not alter how government works. If youth in such a society rebel against the values of that politicians and government. In our society, all the changes will have if youth will enter in to the politics . For example , USA is the best example for youth politics and they are almost on top on each and every scenario.
    That is the power of youth in politics and will do blast changes which will help us to stand as a leader for the world.
    thank you....
  • ishwar kumar
    ishwar kumar
    obviously no. I can say a bigger nooo.
    Actually Politics is something which requires a big experience . And today's youth are not so much capable of it. They are just busy in whatsapp and facebook. And some who have few qualities are stuck in their job. They are under the family pressure. Recently we have seen the tremendous change made by our govt Modi sir, the demonetisation. Thats a big decision ever. It wont be possible by a youth.
    Youth can only get like and shares as we have seen what has happened with Kanahiya, he just focusing in becoming popular. Nothing else.
    So in my view. Politics should be handle only by experienced people.
    The only thing youth must do is choose the leader wisely.
  • Lokeshgaddam
    Lokeshgaddam
    youth participation in politics is necessary to say to change the nation .it depends on mentality and thinking power and be positive to any situation of the candidate .I can say that youth population is more in our country if youth are interest and they have great courage and thinking power they might be change nation .according to the person our nation development increase .according to me if youth take over the politics if they have strong determination they can change the nation.
  • Don Engineering Training
    Don Engineering Training
    I was going to reply, it depends on if you are referring to India or USA (Also depends on by 'participate' you are referring to voting, or holding office). Assuming you mean voting, it turns out the answer is YES, to both countries. Some say youth is too inexperienced to make wise decisions and see through political lies. But recent USA election and history shows us the old very experienced person fall for political lies (rhetoric) just as much as one might think a young inexperienced person would. Maybe young voters would be less likely to fall for the deceit of politicians, then the old, living in the past, resisting change. In a perfect world/country where there where laws keeping politicians from telling outright lies (and maintained civility, protected morals), the young would be the most important voting group, as they would shape the country they will be living in, long after us old people are dead and gone. 😀 With India having such a large young adult population, it is critical they vote and shape their country best they can. If they don't try, they are destine to fail. It is their civic responsibility.

Holding office is a different story than voting. Young politicians would be fine if they met the minimum requirements of education and experience. Most business owners would tell you it is ridiculous to hire someone for a job, when they have absolutely no education and/or experience to do the job. The more important the job, the more critical it is to verify applicant's qualifications to do that job. But we learned this year, politics is an exception to that common sense rule.
  • Armelle Clark
    Armelle Clark
    Ankita Katdare

[​IMG]

How To Participate?

Rules of the Contest:
    I think that all age groups, not only youth can change the world. I also believe that as inhabitants of this great planet, we have the right and responsibility to participate in politics as well as other domains. Participants should share their ideas in a peaceful, logical and eloquent manner through various means including: the internet (blogs and videos), publications and most importantly through active community involvement with the goal of making our world and universe a better place for all living beings.
  • Armelle Clark
    Armelle Clark
    I think that all age groups, not only youth can change the world. I also believe that as inhabitants of this great planet, we have the right and responsibility to participate in politics as well as other domains. Participants should share their ideas in a peaceful, logical and eloquent manner through various means including: the internet (blogs and videos), publications and most importantly through active community involvement with the goal of making our world and universe a better place for all living beings.
  • Armelle Clark
    Armelle Clark
    Ankita Katdare

[​IMG]

How To Participate?

Rules of the Contest:
  • Armelle Clark
    Armelle Clark
  • Yedu Kondalu
    Yedu Kondalu
    Youth participate in politics is a good idea but youth candidate should be participate behalf of populated and leading party in that area or other wise he won't win even he was good , honest and leadership quality person.
    Because of in our India high percentage of peoples electing the person depends upon the party flag irrespective of person , the bad thing that was "they don't know whom to vote" in their constitution. From all these it was risky and challenging to youth to participate in politics , even youth candidate participate in politics for good society, the winning chance are very less in now days.
    As youth first we change our society and peoples mind set to think before vote after come to participate in politics that will give better result. As of now it could be time waste to youth participate in politics.
  • @abhisheksharma
    @abhisheksharma
    #$$#
    Young people’s political engagement is mainly confined to new forms of participation, as traditional politics feels unrepresentative and unable to address the concerns associated with contemporary youth culture.

It is wonderful that youth’s manifold contributions to their families, communities, societies, and the world are being finally acknowledged, but there is one recurring thought I get whenever I read about the new ways in which young people engage with the political: how much influence do young people really have through these new modes of participation? Are they truly at the decision-making table on issues that interest and affect them? Recognising something until recently overlooked, does not necessarily entail its augmentation. In other words, does decision-makers’ admitting that young people do have a voice, also make it stronger?
  • Tharun Chakka
    Tharun Chakka
    I do not think so our future politics will change by the participation of the Youth.It does not depend upon the age of the person ,it only depends upon the maturity of the mind that a person has.Every one has an initial aim to e honest do good things in politics , as time changes everyone starts changing because other politicians are involved in some activities which are not good to the society and they can not oppose them.
    "Straight trees will be destroyed first" ,here also honest politicians will face many problems .If you have strong determination and no greedy towards money you can change the future of the politics.
  • NIMISHA MADHAV S S
    NIMISHA MADHAV S S
    When it comes to political affairs, everyone seems to have an opinion. No matter the religion, cultural background, level of education, or age, most individuals have their own unique take on the relationship between people and politics. Within most areas of the western world, politics has been viewed as the realm in which we attempt to make real some of our highest aspirations: our desire for political freedom, our longing for justice, our hope for peace and security (What is politics, 2012). However, when it comes down to the youths of the nation, there simply is a shortage of them occupied in the political realm. Undoubtedly, young people's relationship with contemporary politics is complex in nature ("Introduction: Youth and Politics 2003); however, the percentage of those involved is quite minor to those of their parents age-range. Ill-advisedly, the majority of North American youths do not participate in formal politics due to pre-conceived attitudes concerning the difference their vote will make. Not only that, but some may choose not to become engaged due to feelings of indifference or unintended ignorance regarding the subject matter. Lastly, specific key life factors are able to sway ones choice of choosing to exercise ones political right to cast their ballot.

Ankita Katdare

[​IMG]

How To Participate?

Rules of the Contest:
  • Subranjit sahoo
    Subranjit sahoo
    Youth in Politics
    Today we see there is growing trend of campus elections across major universities all across our country. But was it the case a few years ago? So what is driving the young future makers to this ghastly world of politics where nothing is fair and just.The answer seems obvious -Money and Power just like the way our greedy politicians are governed by. In the name of bringing change there is a race for the iron throne, violence among student groups and academic disturbances. Lets look at all the major elections like one in JNU or Ravenshaw university whenever there are elections there are reports of campus violence, backed by other major political parties who have their own secret agenda. Involvement in politics not only derails the motto of the youth but also puts them in a road map to strive for power instead of the intellectual wisdom they ought to learn.
  • santhosh nomula
    santhosh nomula
    Ankita Katdare

[​IMG]

How To Participate?

Rules of the Contest:
    Ankita Katdare

[​IMG]

How To Participate?

Rules of the Contest:
    Ankita Katdare

[​IMG]

How To Participate?

Rules of the Contest:
    YOUTH PARTICIPATION IN POLITICS

"POLITICS IS NOT ABOUT POWER" as the saying goes politics is a means through which collective needs of the general public of a community are met through well defined and non-discriminatory laws.
    though much of our world both in contemporary and past dealt it mostly as power but whose names prevailed in the history are only those who delivered what was promised as they rose to so called power.
    The staggering volume of the youth population in INDIA may tempt most of us in romanticised and raging manner as we come across the topic "youth in politics"; one should understand the essence of politics and then comment upon the topic
    As it is mentioned above that politics is not about power, though one needs power to
    show his capabilities we the youth of this country must be aware of it pitfalls. To
    become a politician you no need to know everything in detailed though one should be able to take the required bold decisions that one believe in which makes the tradeoff in long run.
    So as it boils down to taking boldest actions beyond the limitations and constraints in which one strucks are the only who shine ever long PV NARASIMHA RAO, ABRAHAM LINCON, RONALD REGAN and many are considered as the great statesmen beyond conventional politicians for taking the decisions which are most controversial or considered as most riskier at that time which eventually lead to enormous prosperity in the respective societies.
    INDIA leading the world in youth population with over 65% of its citizens below 35 years has the most advantage in growing to a stage of global power in terms of economics within a short period of time.
    There is no doUbt that youth will participate in politics in coming days replacing the old, corrupt and conventional so-called politicians but whether they will do the required task so as to benefit the nation is the biggest question. As we saw the three examples of some of the greatest statures, they belonged to different age groups, different ethnicities taking different decisions. so it's not the mere age that matters its only the courage, deterministic and hard work for the well being of all that matters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Click here to Reply or Forward
  • Nisha Maan
    Nisha Maan
    Politics is to achieve and exercise positions of Governance over a community and youth or the monopoly of old leaders will not make any difference in it. But, well educated people with their fresh ideas, realistic vision,tolerance and ability to adapt to the changing global political scenario are capable of changing this political system. We actually need those people who are aware of the problems that our country is facing and could deal with those problems.
  • GULSHAN KUMAR
    GULSHAN KUMAR
    First ,We should understand the meaning of politics..it means you have to realize that you have the responsibility of people and you have to fulfill them with most appropriate solution which is benificial to all in unbiased way.
    Youth politics can change the scenario of traditional and biased way of politics where races and vote bank politics has become a way to win. Youth can bring many technical changes to increase the participation of common man in goverment bodies and that will be decisive in nature .they can gain the confidence of all people via selfless work.
  • aruncvf
    aruncvf
    PARTICIPATION OF YOUTH IN POLITICS

Youth - With all provision of strength and knowledge, what is most needed is power - The power which is much essential to make the country grow - an administrative power.

To eradicate the mug-blooded family oriented, caste oriented, intolerable politics, there comes a need for the change.

Let me brief it out. The country has faced many prime ministers and the youngest among was of age 40. And that was about 32 years ago. Is that age enough to line up for a younger politician?

We can't just blindly complain that youth are dumb and careless about the country. At the same time, We can't praise that youth are well aware to serve for the country.

We have a double edged sword. One side for the enemies and the other for the
    Bystanders.

Pros :
    1. Be the Change that you wish to see in this world.
    -Mahatma Gandhi.
    Let this be the start. With the touch of some youth hands into the politics, there might come a difference.

2. The 80-year long rotten approach to solving the issues might get replaced.

3. Might pay the way to MAKE INDIA GREAT AGAIN. (As it was in the earlier times - long long ago ).

Cons :
    1. As I mentioned earlier, the concept of youth into the politics might be a new thing. Thus we should be prepared for its adverse consequences.

2. Even with the availability of technology, knowledge, etc, the guiding Experience would always be missing.

3. The improper handling of the government without knowing the wide history might screw down the people.

Conclusion: As far as I consider, the youth involvement in politics might have a positive impact. But with more number of youth contribution to the administrative sector (upsc), there arises a new dawn with colorful future.

(P.S : Just a view from my angle.)
  • trilochan prasad b h
    trilochan prasad b h
    ROLE OF YOUTH IN POLITICS

Youth are the backbone of the country.We all talk about demographic dividend but we never really ponder on how to reap the benefits of our demographic advantage. Today a little less than half of 1.2 billion population in India is under the age of 26. Yet only 13-15% of the politicians in our parliament are young, the political arena is dominated by the old people. This deplorable representation of youth in politics can be attributed to dynastic politics, lack of proper income, painfully long initial struggles to be recognised by people and the social stigma of corruption attached to the politics.
    The government needs to bring in urgent reforms and coherent policies to inculcate youth in the governance.

So, how can youth contribute constructively and effectively in the governance of the nation? Why does it make sense to include the youth and why is it the need of the hour?

Youth is a symbol of infinite energy, it personifies enthusiasm and vigour. Participation of youth in the governance ensures inclusiveness, makes way for fresh and innovative ideas, there is unparalleled zeal to contribute for the betterment of nation,they can easily connect with the millions of youth like them and contemporary problems will be better represented in the parliament. More than ever the youth today is having a say about the policies and government decisions which sometimes are not in consonance with present dynamics of the society which is largely young chunk.
    Who can better understand the society than the very people who form it,so youth participation ensures that the policies are in congruence with times.
    Huge participation of youth in politics will slowly change their negative perception towards politics and hence gradually many educated and motivated youth will join politics or at least follow it actively and become better watchdogs of government activities. The sense of competitiveness and passion for better performance is millions times more in the youth than the old and thus they are likely to develop a healthy competition to work and outperform their political peers by better services, programmes,policies, transparency and accountability. With entry into politics at young age they can be groomed by the best veteran politicians and their exposure to governance and policy making will hone their skills immensely equipping them for better decision making and thus increasing the efficiency of government.
    More participation means more choices for people to vote and thus it reduces the corruption significantly and only performers can survive the political tide. With slew of revolutionary measures like Digital India, Make in India, financial inclusion etc around the corner which is largely focussed on the youth this is the best time for the youth to try career in politics as they can resonate millions like them.

Thus role of youth in politics is of immense importance and a easy solution to the next-generation problems.
  • Anandita Srivastav
    Anandita Srivastav
    Yeah!
    When a engineer can do delivery through vacuum cleaner, when a engineer can make nideel flow on water, when a scientist sitting on the chamber of NASA can make other country proud, when
  • yanni bats
    yanni bats
    If i define youth as the group of people age 14-21(average 7 year cycle for personal development and internal changes) , i think there is the greatest chance in making world a better place if this group is involved in politics but under one prerequisit the rest of the people who are older will be willing to accept certain thnigs even if they are dont agree. As we grow older fear experience may protect us from potential harmfull situation but this conservative way of thinking makes us stop dreamming the imposible that the under 21 mind are not yet "corrupted". this reckless youth may be very good in desision making under a carefull mendoring, lack of arrogance and personal ambition. It may end up a dissaster if there is no control and mendoring because if you haven't seen the world you don't have a good BIG picture but I don't see the peaople who are now involeved and suposed to do good things doing very good work. . If i define youth 21-29 there is a better balance but the same outcome i thinkg . There is not an easy answer on this question and maybe there is no certain outcome due to many parameters under consideration(fammily backround, education , personal development and more) if we dont define youth we cant answer anythink because just like the older ones each person is diffrent and can make a change or not (in any direction).(
  • yanni bats
    yanni bats
    If I define youth as the group of people age 14-21(average 7-year cycle for personal development and internal changes), I think there is the greatest chance in making world a better place if this group is involved in politics but under one prerequisite the rest of the people who are older will be willing to accept certain things even if they are don’t agree. As we grow older fear experience may protect us from potential harmful situation but this conservative way of thinking makes us stop dreaming the impossible that the under 21 mind are not yet "corrupted". this reckless youth may be very good in decision making under a careful mentoring, lack of arrogance and personal ambition. It may end up a disaster if there is no control and mentoring because if you haven't seen the world you don't have a good BIG picture but I don't see the people who are now involved and supposed to do good things doing very good work. If I define youth 21-29 there is a better balance but the same outcome I think. There is not an easy answer on this question and maybe there is no certain outcome due to many parameters under consideration (family back round, education, personal development and more) if we don’t define youth we can’t answer anything because just like the older ones each person is different and can make a change or not (in any direction).
  • Mohammad Akef Habbal
    Mohammad Akef Habbal
    Actually youth have power and emotions they always want to make their home is the best in the world and that's great but sometimes they can't manage their power they may act randomly and without thinking may they enter in dangerous things because they love adventure and in politics sometimes we can't adventure so they need someone older than them and gives them advices and lead them.
    So if we want to youth participating in politics we need youth who is appropriate for his/her position and it's better if their parents participated in politics, so they have ideas from their parents and they can continue form the point which their parents stop on it.
    But about youth who their parents don't in politics they can participate but I thing they need a lot of training to enter in politics world.
    Finally we need participating of youth in politics it's important beacuse they will work with older people who have experience and youth has new ideas for developing so it's better to work together in politics.
    We shouldn't make all politician people are youth and not all politician people are older people
  • Rachel caroline
    Rachel caroline
    Alryt ! Am going to pen the basic and simplest things that is to be considered when it comes to'YOUTH PARTICIPATION IN POLITICS'
    To be very frank and honest ,today's youth are incapable of 'thinking and analysing' Cant blame everyone but still most of them people they don't think at all !
    You tel a guy free sim,he'll wait in queue day and night though he won't be needing it! Tel him free WiFi he'll spend his 24 hour precious time sitting there, again with no good reason ! Say you got a 11k fossil watch last week he'll get the same brand watch the next week though he would have got a new watch already but of some lower price ! Eat cheese pizza and say Mahn its too good ,he'll do the same though he doesnt like it !
    Youth are too vulnerable ,they just want to showoff ,they want to fall in the 'rich' list ,you can make them do whatever you want them to do yes whatever just by saying a sentence "hy bhai it's the latest trend" ! This applies for everything ! Nobody thinks the real need for anything that is done ! If a guy cant decide what he actually needs or what he likes ,copying and following what others do ,i dont think he really is capable of leading himself! He only follows ! Simplest example If CE never told about the amazon coupon i think half of the people wouldnt have said their views @ all ! Summing up Today's youth are followers,not leaders ! cant think how followers can become leaders But If they do,God should save us !
  • subhash dulla
    subhash dulla
    Swamy Vivekanada asked the indian youth to Rore like a Lion against evil inclination.The youth can change the phase of politics by utilizing their right to Vote the rightious candidate or else if we enter into politics even at 21+ to become a MLA or MP,CM and to be the PM ,it takes around 40 years then my age will be 61 . I haven't seen a young pm even the age of america's new president Mr.Donald Trump is 70 years . Instead of becoming a politition its better to grow as a good Leader. In order to bring a revollutionary changes in politics youth need to be active to irradicate corruption & illiteracy . Youth is more powerful than any posts such as MP or MLA ,they need not participate in politics and carry the flags of their parties , they should raise their voice and question the currupts
  • Adeniran Ezekiel
    Adeniran Ezekiel
    The involvement of Youth in politics; will it change anything? It has a 2-way effect on the nation. What brings about a positive change in politics which we all clamour for is good leadership; servant leadership, integrity, empathy, truthfulness, someone open to criticism and many more.
    If a youth possess all the attributes listed above, it would change things for good but if one or all of these attributes are absent in a youth, it would bring about negative change
    Also, it is believed that things are changing especially with the advancement in technology. Youths of this new age are moving alongside the change in technology as against the old people in politics. So if we want a change in politics in the area of technology, the pariticipation of Youth in politics can not be over emphasized. thank you
  • Ritvik Sakpal
    Ritvik Sakpal
    Yes,
    youth should definitely take participate in the politics, as we know the current condition of Indian politics is bucked up! youth with the clear vision to make India great can help to improve the Indian politics, but there are also some great politicians to whom i proudly follow who is Mr. Don't_want_to_take_name and currently they are in Indian politics, and it would be better if the power of the youth with filtered mind and experience of the politicians like above come together, they can together form a great revolution in Indian politics.....
  • parthiban jayachandran
    parthiban jayachandran
    Qualified candidates only allowed to participate in election process. And the qualification must be any degree of more than 3yrs. because educated people tackle many situations on society,they have gutts to overcome struggles... people are thinking that "politics are like a drainage", youths should clean that drainage via their thought process. bonding of people to people is strong is led to good environment...to form good developing country..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can u suggest any type of rotoary compressor which is handy and easily available like a turbo charger
I want an interesting project for my final year in Electronics and communication.Please suggest me as fast as possible.
hi , friends can you please help me in downloading this book "POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING " by A.CHAKRABARTI, M.L.SONI , &P.V.GUPTA.... and also text books of 3rd sem vtu eee...
What is the basic principle behind recursion, other than function calling itself again & again and in which real time scenario we use it? can anyone explain me?
Both HP and DELL are eager to buy the Fremont (California) based company that operates in the data-storage domain for $24/share. The deal is currently at $1.6 billion. "There's a...