Your take on work from home?

Lot of companies ( I guess IT companies ) allow their employees to work from home. Now, I want to know from you if work from home is cool or not? I've few friends who get to work from home and the absolutely love it.

What do you say?

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    That gives lot of flexibility ! You can adjust your timeings ! Don't have to go thru hectic traffic of IT cities. You can work without wearing formals ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Differential
    You can work without wearing.๐Ÿ˜€
    How true.
  • sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    Hey,

I feel better not to mix up professional life with personal life.
    Once i am back home i know i am free, but when you work from home you dont know when you will be free and when you are busy (a sort of mixed feeling), which i dont want.

There is a workaround to make yourself happy with WFH.
    Dedicate a special room at home for work so that family should not distrub and you are not attracted towards tv, food etc.,
    Behave as though you are in office (no pants are ok here also!)
    Work for 8 hrs and once your time is finished logoff from office network. comeout of the room.

Whats your take on my view?

Thanks & Regards
    Sriram
  • jhon007
    jhon007
    Hi friends,
    i am too happy. i meet all of u. love u all. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜
  • jhon007
    jhon007
    Hey,

I feel better not to mix up professional life with personal life.
    Once i am back home i know i am free, but when you work from home you dont know when you will be free and when you are busy (a sort of mixed feeling), which i dont want.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    it depends..not always but i do work from home.. but make sure tht i work only for 8 hrs... and nothing more...

yup but when needed work from office is carried to home and continued as well
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    If I was a (single) freelance engineer, I'd work in a studio apartment.

If I was married with children.. I would not want to work at home. Call me weird, but I kind of prefer it if my family misses me for a while (and me missing them, for "absence makes the heart grow fonder"), and when I reach home, my kids would shout "Daddy's home!!" while I give them some toys I got on the way home, and my wife some fresh flowers.

*grin*
  • surveycheese
    surveycheese
    Take simple online survey, make a difference by sharing your opinion, receive $5 - $75 per survey ---> Surveycheese.com , Sign up NOW! #-Link-Snipped-#.

------------
    visit us
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I would love to work from home ๐Ÿ˜ but unfortunately my team people would never give me right to work from home. ๐Ÿ˜› Still 1 drawback for people who work from home is they can be called any time to work even when they don't want to ๐Ÿ˜”
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I would not like to work from home
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I dont like to work from home, if we come to office we have friends ,collegues etc etc ..
    we enjoy working as a team so no work from home ๐Ÿ˜€
  • kapilraj
    kapilraj
    it depends,for me it would be great

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is supposed to be a group discussion and I hope to have lots of different views in this discussion. Just to set the ground, I assume most of you...
I don't get this! Lot of visitors come to CE searching for Chuck Norris! ;-) What's it with Chuck Norris? Someone explain !๐Ÿ˜•
This thread intends to be the collection of everyone's blogroll. So post your blogroll here and advertise your links for free. Here's my blogroll:- 1. Scott Adams: Scott Adams Blog:...
Success / Failure doesn't matter: What matters is the lesson that you learn from your experience! So, I hope we have CEans who have gotten their hands dirty with attempts...
Cross posting from: How to Change the World: How to Get a Standing Ovation When I started public speaking in about 1986, I was deathly afraid of public speaking--for one...