Your final year project could be your business venture!

This post is meant for all our CEans who are currently in final year of engineering. Have you ever thought of turning your final year project into a business?

Think about it.

Let's say you have been working on a project that solves some or the other problem - then you surely have a good start. Don't just limit your project to submissions and getting few marks, it could be your next million dollar venture.

Think Google. What started as a research project is now a mega billion dollar company that surely is helping people find what they are looking for.

Be open to sharing ideas here. We all will be able to help you with your project and also contribute to turning it into a venture. Anyone already considering it? If yes, please do share with us.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    What about online website making company?That involves no expenses just some hard work?what do you think?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    goyal420
    What about online website making company?That involves no expenses just some hard work?what do you think?
    do you mean web hosting company?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    No a company that will create websites for people who want to have their websites in order to promote their products...i know there are already many such companies but it will be fully online
    that means all the phases of development will takes place online.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm specifically talking about final year, third year project ideas. I've recently come across many such ideas which can potentially become good businesses.
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    I agree with Biggie so small inventions if marketed properly can turn in a huge business potential...like many a machines which includes xerox machines...
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    A corded adapter for cordless power tools

A simple example of a project with commercial possibilities is a corded adapter for cordless power tools.

People who own cordless power tools may find that they have no charged battery when they wish to use their tool. People who have several different brands of cordless tools must have several different types of batteries since each brand of tool uses a slightly different design of battery. Hence there is a market for a corded adapter that would take the place of the battery and fit different brands of tools.

The electrical engineering problem is merely to design an AC to DC converter of the correct size with adjustments that allow it to output the various voltages used by cordless tools ( 12 V, 18 V etc.).

The mechanical engineering problems are more significant. The adapter must have some adjustment or set of changeable "plugs" that allow it to fit the various brands of tools. The best design would relate the type of plug or adjustment that was used to the proper output voltage. For example, when a person attached the appropriate plug for a Ryobi 18 V tool, this would also establish electrical connections that adjust the output voltage to be 18V.

The most convenient adapter would snap into the handle of the tool in place of the battery. Hence there is the mechanical engineering problem of designing an adapter that can attach securely to the handles of various brands of tools. Perhaps the only way to do this is to have a variety of "shells" that resemble various tool batteries and to have the main part of the adapter fit into these shells.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, who are appearing for CAT 2009, please head over to Important notice for Sunday 29th November 2009 and check out the latest announcement! The launch of the computerized CAT...
Lot of our members are students and this thread is meant to benefit all of them. This thread is for Final Year Electronics Viva questions. Please enlist all questions asked...
CEans, I'm thinking we should start threads for compiling all viva questions. I've just started a thread : https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...r-electronics-viva-questions-2009-thread.html I request all CEans to start threads in respective sections for...
Hi friends Is there any software or something in which i can assemble and deassemble different parts of car as in real world in garages bcoz i have no access...
Sir / madam, My question is Say on a scale of 100, 85 have phones, 80 have cars, 70 have houses and 75 are married. How many minimum persons are...