View Feed
group-icon
Robotics
Community of Robotics Enthusiasts: Discuss latest robots and questions with fellow robot lovers
573 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Mar 25, 2010

Your current robotics project

CEans,

If you/your team are/is currently working on a robotics project, please do share some information about it with us. If you are facing any problems, do post them in this section.
limestone7000
limestone7000 • Jun 8, 2010
hey guys,
me with my proj. teammates r doin' a proj on "Automatic Iron"

basically the idea is, when we switch on the iron machine, it should automatically iron the whole shirt, or whatever the cloth is,

Any suggestions/ideas/techniques??
durga ch
durga ch • Jun 15, 2010
you mean the iron moves by itself over the shirt and iron it?? Other wise hehe! you can flank the piece of cloth by two iron boards on either side and bring them to press the cloth from either sides! that would end up in a pressed shirt in no time
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare • Jun 16, 2010
That was a great suggestion Durga. But don't you think that there should also be some mechanism to straighten the piece of cloth? or one would have to manually do it.
durga ch
durga ch • Jun 16, 2010
hmm,, hang it 😛 then the number of crumble would be less right? and then, listen to this , make two flanks as electromagnets 😛 of opposite poles -when current passes they come close to each other and flank the piece of cloth what ever shape it might be in and then reverse the direction of current to make them into same poles - they loose their magnetism and go apart, in that way we can easily hand the iron flanks!
Don't you still need to move the shirt to expose the un-ironed parts? I guess you'll need to modify the ironing board itself too.

Unless, this whole process takes place in some special type of device?
durga ch
durga ch • Jun 16, 2010
yes, i was thinking of a huge broads, not the conventional board .
Hmm.. what about the spaces in between buttons?

Maybe we can implement a 3 axis rig.. 😉
durga ch
durga ch • Jun 17, 2010
*buttons crack and crush*
you sure go an extra mile in thinking 😛
but don't you think that again needs a control mechanism to recognise the shape of garment?? to align motions?
limestone7000
limestone7000 • Jun 19, 2010
How abt this, we don't iron the middle part of the shirt [the column of buttons]!

Share this content on your social channels -