Your Corporate Growth: Keeping Manger Happy Vs. Actual Performance

CEans,

This debate is for the ones who've spent some time in corporate world. What do you think matters the most when it comes to your growth in any organization?

It'd be nice if you could share your own experience.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    😁
    I reckon people grow keeping their managers happy. Not all of them fall into " I-wont work , but get work done " category, but it is as well true that you don't climb up the ladder , if you manager is unhappy. I have particularly seen people writing huge mails informing managers about all good work they have done - and who -so-ever climbed the step has not done even 1/10th of it. 😛
    on a personal front , it doesn't really affect me. I try staying as aloof as possible
  • greatman
    greatman
    In the long run, one its very difficult to please anyone's manager, because : if you make 100 deliverable manager would expect 200, if you deliver 200, he will expect 300 deliverables. It goes on and on and its difficult to keep them pleased. So, Dont take stress, just deliver to your best. If the manager Doesnt get pleased, he is with negative thoughts . Some other good manager who sees your performance will select you to their team.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

:arrow:Whats the difference between instruction pointer and program counter:?:
Really funny ad - [video=youtube;ejEBSeddCg8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEBSeddCg8[/video]
Why don't we get a shock by touching a circuit board(Big ones),if all the wires are integrated in it?😕
Hello folks, I have got offer to work for Siemens(SISL) on contract basis for system testing. I have 1yr of testing experience... I would like know if working on contract...
I'm currently pursuing 3rd semester in Manufacturing Sc. Engineering I want to know whether its better to appear Mechanical or Production & Industrial Engg. paper in GATE And as our...