Year gap after Engineering

I have done my Electronics and telecommunication engineering this year .I am not yet placed but i have good knowledge of my subjects .I want a time of 7 -10 months for preparation of GATE or PSU.But,i am unsure about the time.Incase if i couldn't crack it in first attempt ,then would my year gap be a problem while opting in Software Industry further ?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    I think you should be okay. You've a valid reason. Not everyone gets the job served in silver platter. So its quite common to have an year gap after graduation unless you're placed in campus. Sometimes people don't join the companies even after being placed as they are not satisfied and look for something else.

But yeah, don't make it 2 years. Then troubles will start. Soon after writing the gate, irrespective of how it went, start looking for jobs immediately. Keep an offer in hand in case things goes south with gate.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Fast depleting fossil fuels have led to a more vigorous search for alternative energy sources. In lieu of that, a team of researchers from Harvard Medical School and Wyss Institute...
Keeping the surge of 2 in 1 untethered, HP incorrigibly added a new one in the same category. Last Thursday, the company unveiled HP Elite X2 1012, a redefined hybrid...
The mainstream engineers, enthusiasts, physicists, mathematicians and ultimately bohemians are actually intertwined with MARVEL comics and indirectly, owing to its unique and eye-catching characters, deliver theories, instruments and technology that...
Hollywood favourite plot twists when it comes to artificial intelligence is when the computer mind becomes sentient and does not take orders from its human overlords. In movies a whole...
Why antenna radiates the energy? As electromagnetic waves generated by the ac voltage source is fed to the transmission lines the antenna radiates it in the space(no medium)?