year back in B.E, aggregate low, will i be able to make it to the IIT's

hi guys, i finshed my B.E in 2011 with a year back. But my aggregate is low (54%). i want to make up for it by doing m.tech in a prestigious college like IIT. Am i eligilbe to write GATE 2013?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Copy pasting the GATE Eligibility Criteria from GATE 2012 - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering:-

• Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
    • Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
    • Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
    • Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
    • Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
    • Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
    I'm not sure whether the criteria will change in 2013.
  • GAUTAM MOHITE
    GAUTAM MOHITE
    i have been through this and it states 4 yrs after 10+2 in brackets whereas i have taken 5 yrs... can u clarify this for me? thx anyways
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    GAUTAM MOHITE
    i have been through this and it states 4 yrs after 10+2 in brackets whereas i have taken 5 yrs... can u clarify this for me? thx anyways
    4 or 5 years is equivalent!
  • GAUTAM MOHITE
    GAUTAM MOHITE
    Praveen-Kumar
    4 or 5 years is equivalent!
    ok thx a lot
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Welcome... 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Android's top-rated virtual assistant has arrived on iOS. Speaktoit, which has had 1.4 million downloads Droid downloads and a 4.5 out of 5 rating, is now available on iOS. It...
The eligibility criteria for GATE 2012 is as follows. I'm not sure whether the criteria will change in 2013 and there seems to be no official information available about it....
Fongo and Dell have tied up to offer the 'Dell Voice' service to the Canadians (as of now, hopefully). There's an Android app, an ios app and Windows desktop app...
Kodak announced on Thursday that as part of its efforts to focus on profitable lines of business, it plans to get out of the digital camera, pocket video camera and...
Princess tower at Dubai Marina seems to be quite an amazing structure. The 414 meter tall structure has 107 floors. The construction completed in 2009 and to the best of...