Year back - can i appear for GATE exam ?

I got a year-back, and so my engineering went up to 5yrs, does that mean, i can't write GATE?

Replies

• bhagya.diva
    bhagya.diva
    hello chetan. if atall u wanna give the gate exam den atleast u shud meet the eligibility criteria. but if u wanna gain experience about how the questions are set n the type of questions then u can apply for it,i guess. secondly,if u apply for the gate exam the year before the year u finally complete ur btech (or year back) den,if u perform well in the eaxam den m sure u dont have to lose ne more tym. u can be selected directly either for mtech or any gud job. So hope for the best. But u need 2 first clear ur year back. All the best. 😀
  • Chethan Naidu
    Chethan Naidu
    bhagya.diva
    hello chetan. if atall u wanna give the gate exam den atleast u shud meet the eligibility criteria. but if u wanna gain experience about how the questions are set n the type of questions then u can apply for it,i guess. secondly,if u apply for the gate exam the year before the year u finally complete ur btech (or year back) den,if u perform well in the eaxam den m sure u dont have to lose ne more tym. u can be selected directly either for mtech or any gud job. So hope for the best. But u need 2 first clear ur year back. All the best. 😀
    thanks for your feedback, my aggregate at the moment is above 70% which isn't a problem, my doubt was, can an engineering graduate, who's taken 5yrs to complete his/her course be eligible to sit for GATE ?
  • bhagya.diva
    bhagya.diva
    candidates eligible for the GATE Exam are: Candidates in the second or higher year of the four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of the five-year Integrated Master’s degree programmes and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology. Currently, these students they can qualify for PG scholarships only in their own Institutions. They are not eligible for admission in a fresh ME/ M.Tech. Programme.. So this z d criteria.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I don't think there is any rule that year back person can not give GATE. But please check the new rules if there are any.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    You can apply!
  • Siddu_gupta
    Siddu_gupta

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Process description flow sheets are useful for your project report. Process diagram for a chemical plant explain the arrangements of unit operations and unit process.
which one of them is best and useful in which manner??
Dear friends is any one of you explain me about nested loops in c++ with examples also please tell me about a c++ program which displays a pyramid made of...
Statics, Dynamics and Strength of Materials From: The College of Engineering and Technology, University of Neraska, Lincoln Engineering Mechanics Bioramani
It’s a discussion about the LG’s 3d glasses without batteries: Recently LG has introduced its battery-free 3d glasses in India, I want to know that how these glasses will work...