Yammer CEO Says "Not Enough Ideas Left" - Agree?

Yammer CEO, after just a month of acquisition by Microsoft, has commented on Facebook that there aren't many ideas left in the Universe that : 1. Haven't been noticed by Big Internet companies, 2. Are capable of being proven and launched for ~ $5 million 3. Can survive the onslaught of the bigger companies once they 'understand' what you are after?

There's some truth in the argument. Given the way Internet is evolving, communities are being isolated, innovation is being 'sued' by the major corporations under the name of patents infringement and so on. There's no end to human creativity; yet the law industry seems to be working to make sure only a few major corporations get the benefit.

Do you think there aren't any ideas left that survive all of the above?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Quote:
    Everything that can be invented has been invented.
    Quoted in Lemon, et al., Mark (1899). "#-Link-Snipped-#". Punch %28Magazine%29 116 (17). (See also, Ecclesiastes 1:9 NIV - What has been will be again, what has - Bible Gateway "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.") Anecdotally misattributed to Charles H. Duell, Commisioner, US Patent Office, 1899, see "#-Link-Snipped-# by Samuel Sass in Skeptical Inquirer, Vol. 13 (Spring 1989), pg. 310-313.
    Endquote
    Invention - Wikiquote

From Biblical times it has been repeatedly maintained that "all is known'. Yet innovators go on innovating ignoring this. Ignorance is bliss.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Yes patent thing is some how affecting this...
    But I don't think innovation is so much down that a CEO has to admit it😀

I just read this ..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello I'm karthik. I've completed my electronics and communication engineering in 2011. I've been working in a software company in the field of database since the past year. I would...
LogMeIn Hamachi File Size: 3.85 If you're looking for a VPN (virtual private network) that's easy to use and requires no hardware, LogMeIn Hamachi is definitely worth a look. It...
This thread for the music lovers, there's plenty of good music around the world. Many artists you haven't listened 'till now, can be your favorite in near future. So, share...
nid a final year project for a developing country..any ideas..specifically in communications
I have series of questions in my mind on working of torrents. -- What are Seeders ? -- What are Peers ? -- What is Seed-Peer Ratio ? -- Why...