Yahoo!'s top ten searches of 2009

1. Michael Jackson - No surprise here, what with a massively publicized death and a huge movie that followed shortly after.

2. Twilight - Hardly shocking.

3. WWE - Apparently people are still into wrestling. RIP Captain Lou.

4. Megan Fox - More than meets the eye? I seriously doubt the fading star of Miss Fox will manage to crack the top 10 come next year, but then there's....

5. Britney Spears - Like a bad rash, you simply cannot get rid of Britney, though at least she's finally a bit on the downswing after spending four straight years as Yahoo!'s #1 search topic.

6. Naruto - Something about ninjas.

7. American Idol - Also about ninjas.

8. Kim Kardashian - A shockingly high perch for Kim Kardashian. I mean seriously, what are Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie? Chopped liver?

9. NASCAR - As long as there's oil, these guys will still be driving cars in circles and people will be searching for information about them.

10. Runescape - The free online RPG continues its reign as a hot search topic.

Guess what Twitter is no where in the top 10

Quite amazing to see the huge difference in the searches of Yahoo and Bing

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Global Language Monitor, which tracks language trends, has released its annual global survey of the English language. This includes not just the most popular words, but the most popular...
The First Google’s Android technology based Mobile phone has been launched in India by HTC and the device is – HTC Tattoo. By having Android as a platform means Google...
- Cong sweeps Elections ‘09 - Zoozoos were indeed human - Gayrights - Swineflu - Students Racism in Australia - Tata Nano - 10th boards
MTNL's Per Second Billing Plan Under the plan, calls made within the MTNL network will be charged half paise per second, while calls to other networks across the country will...
Hi there all, this is my first post and I an new to this kind of forum! I am kind of forced to ask for help as I have no...