Yahoo! stock at $10! Should Jerry Yang Step Down?

The latest market watch shows that Yahoo! share is about $10. That brings Yahoo's valuation to $14.33 billion.

...and that's lesser than Facebooks' $15 billion valuation! 😲

That means, Yahoo! Management has destroyed almost $31 billion of Yahoo shareholders' money.

Do you think Yahoo founder & current CEO should step down and Yahoo should quit its 'Search Business'?

[ Yahoo Search results are pretty bad: my observation ]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No takers here? 😉
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Everything is getting down, Google stock dropped more than $40 since 2 weeks why would its CEO step out?

I don't think the valuation thing is necessarily related to the business success.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MaRo
    Everything is getting down, Google stock dropped more than $40 since 2 weeks why would its CEO step out?

I don't think the valuation thing is necessarily related to the business success.
    Only if he had sold Yahoo! to Microsoft for $44b 😁 .

Jerry's an entrepreneur - not a manager, in my opinion. Except BOSS I don't think Yahoo's come up with anything worth noticing! Their YPN is still in beta and no one knows when will they make it available for international audience. Yahoo Messenger for Vista was discontinued. Yahoo's search is pathetic! (yes! it is!) and except its Front Page, I don't think Yahoo's done anything innovative [remember their popular services are mostly acquisitions!]

Probably, they need a new leadership?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, Whats the use of capacitors connected to input and output pins of crystals.i.e one terminal of capacitor is connected to crystal pins other terminal to ground. What the...
hello guys........................................................
With a lot of brouhaha happening over the past few months over the declining economy, the world and more importantly US (and its other derived economies) look upon the web...
*Engineering Trade:electrical and electronics Location:visakhapatnam *Occupation: (Student; B.E 2nd year) *Hobbies & Interests: very fond of getting to know new innovative things hobby listening to music *Aim in life: to...
Electrnoics engineering:is a branch of engineering which deal with assembling, testing, troubleshooting and coupling of electronics components , like, resistor,doide,capacitor, transistor and electronics parameters for the design of certain circuit...