View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12933 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Oct 30, 2007

Yahoo Messenger Beta (v 9.0) download !

CEans,

Yahoo messenger fans can try out the beta version of Yahoo Messenger. Take a look at this site - https://beta.messenger.yahoo.com/

😁

Enjoy!

-The Big K-
pankaj jain
pankaj jain • Oct 31, 2007
thanks buddy for the link
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Oct 31, 2007
You're welcome 😁

I'm running YM Beta on Windows Vista Business edition and I can see that there are few obvious bugs. First of all, I'm unable to load IndiChat plugin! Secondly, having subscribed to phoneOut, a call history window automatically opens up and there is no way to prevent it from opening by default.

-The Big K-
ritav19
ritav19 • Dec 20, 2008
Until now i have used Skype for phone calls with my friends. In YM i cannot make calls like in Skype. I have a lot of friend on yahoo messenger , that why i am using it. I get it from here ( Yahoo Messenger 9 Free Download - Chat online,make conversations and phone calls with friends and family 15908)
I suppose is latest version, but i am not very happy with that.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Dec 20, 2008
Skype is better for online telephony, no doubt about it. You can make calls on YM like Skype. What problem are you facing?
The_Big_K
Skype is better for online telephony, no doubt about it. You can make calls on YM like Skype. What problem are you facing?

Personally I wont suggest you to go for YM 9.0. I used this and its 😕 Not at all great.

biggi - Online calls quality using skype - No comparison buddy, Its simply Awesome. However the internet users whose billing is based on data used, YM and Gtalk uses much lesser bandwidth then skype does.
Skype is awesome. Though, I wonder how it compares to Gizmo? Is it really important to use SIP?

Share this content on your social channels -