Yahoo Hack U IIT Kharagpur on March 17-20, 2011

What's the event about?

You have 24 hours to build something. Wrack your brains and come up with that hack that will throw you in the limelight. You're not restricted to using Yahoo! APIs and services, although (hint) the judges would really, really love it. For inspiration, please visit the Apps Gallery, the Widget Gallery, and the Yahoo! Developer Network.
There will be food, drink, schwag, and entertainment suited to the occasion, which is code for "you will be pleasantly surprised."

The overview of the event schedule is as follows:

Day 0: Thursday, Mar 17th

5-8PM : Keynote, kick-off, YQL
9-11PM: Discuss Web Technical Challenges
10PM: Refreshments

Day 1: Friday, Mar 18th
5-8PM: YAP, YUI, BOSS
9-11PM: Idea Brainstorming
10PM: Refreshments

Day 2: Saturday, Mar 19th
Hacking competition starts on Mar 19th, Saturday 9AM
All day/night 24 hour non-stop hacking
10AM-12PM : Deep-dive tech talks for interested folks: OAuth, Yahoo! Social
10PM-6AM: Snacks, Coffee/Tea, Soft Drinks

Day 3: Sunday, Mar 20th
Hacking ends 9AM
9AM-1PM: Holi Break
3-7PM: Demos (5 mins per entry), Judging, Award Presentation

5-6PM: High Tea
4-day festival of coding, camaraderie, demos, awards, food, music and jollity (it's a real word, look it up). It's not about perfect code, just your creativity, a cool idea and a working prototype. You'll have access to tons of APIs and tools from the Products - Yahoo Developer Network (check out Yahoo Developer Network, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, just to name a few).

To register for the event, fill up the form here: #-Link-Snipped-#

If any of the CEans will be present at the event, please cover it for everyone! ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Farjand
    Farjand
    I think it is going to be boring.I will however be present.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Farjand
    I think it is going to be boring.I will however be present.
    Why not share your experience with us. IF possible, make a live from the event thread and keep posting updates in this thread ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    Well actually sir,
    I am from mechanical and it is all computer thing.It is boring for me, I am sorry. Because I cannot understand that coding things.Sorry for disappointing you all.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung has launched new commercial to promote the 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab. Samsung recently introduced the 10" Tab II and is about to launch mid-sized tablet 8.9" on March 22....
recently read in the paper that the " supermoon" phenomenon to occur on the 19 th of march. on this phenomenon the moon is nearest to the earth i.e. 2,20,000...
I just went through Infosys Global Internship Program. They have mentioned that Students who are enrolled in our partner institutions can apply for this internship program called InStep. Does Infosys...
What is Music??? According to Merriam-Webster..Music is the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity...
Hi this is Harish pursuing my M.E. from Jadavpur Univ, Kolkata in Power Engg. Hope to have gud help here ..!! cheers 2 all da crazy engineers ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜