Yahoo! Hack India 2013 To Be Held In Hyderabad On July 13-14

If you are a developer or a designer or just out of school programmer, Yahoo! India R&D is bringing the event of the year for you. A subsidiary of American internet corporation Yahoo! Inc, the sixth edition of Yahoo! Hack India is being organized by Yahoo! India R&D in Hyderabad on July 13 and 14, 2013. It is the first time that the Yahoo! Hack India is being hosted outside Bangalore and it is for sure that like every year, this time around the response from developers from all over India is going to be magnanimous. This year, the participants are going to see two external hack events by Yahoo! in India, one in Hyderabad and one in Bangalore later in the year. Just like Bangalore, Hyderabad is the one city that also has world class tech talent with an extremely engaged developer community.

Yahoo! Hack India brings together programmers, developers, designers from across the industry, start ups and students from the top tech universities in India. Over 1,000 developers from across 20 states in India signed up to participate in Yahoo! Hack in Hyderabad, of which 250 best hackers have been selected after an entry-level coding challenge. These hackers will now participate in the two-day event which brings forth a series of technical workshops, followed by a nonstop 24-hour coding Hackathon. "This year we expect hackers to build experiences with a mobile-first approach, focusing on high-impact apps and dynamic mobile web experiences that people are excited to use every day," said Hari Vasudev, vice president and head of Yahoo! India R&D.

slide

Yahoo will introduce developers to the popular technologies and tools from the Open Web, including Yahoo's YUI , YQL and Mojito, as well as geo-location and Flickr APIs (Application Programmable Interface). "Hackers team up to turn their ideas into a working prototype, or hack, as it's called in just 24 hours. It gives developers a chance to work together and build applications and product ideas from scratch using market-leading technologies from Yahoo! as well as other technologies, to develop something cool that can potentially solve a real-world problem that impacts Internet users," he added.

The first Yahoo Hack India was hosted in 2007, and was attended by 180 developers from in and around Bangalore. By last year, this number had swelled to over 800 hackers and thousands of developers. We are expecting an even bigger number this year. There's no word about the exact dates for the Bangalore event. We will keep a check and keep you informed.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here's some trivia - Yahoo! Open Hack was started as an internal event in 2006 at Yahoo! headquarters in Sunnyvale, US with an aim to bring the Yahoo! developers together. So far, Open Hack has been hosted in seven countries with representation from over 30 countries.

Last year there was quite an eventful discussion here on CE about Yahoo Hack India I suppose.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Though I belong to Automobile field I find it temptating.
    I wish CEans make a domination there .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In India, or elsewhere - finding a job isn't that easy - I agree! But being unemployed for even after one year from passing out of your college? - Is...
Motorola along with working on customizable Moto X, on the other end hideously working on the another cool Android gadget, Motorola Droid Maxx . Eveleaks in the tweet has leaked...
how many motors are present in a car
Is it possible to run a piece of code inputted by user?? Say in a c# program a user is asked to enter another c# code and we store that...
Learning foreign languages is often considered as a plus point in our life, especially when you're joining an international corporate where use of the native language of that country enhances...