Yahoo CEO, Marissa Mayer's Salary - $70 million

Marissa Mayer took over the charge of Yahoo! Inc. after the board decided to remove the last CEO over the degree fraud. Marissa Mayer was a loyal Google employee and even the first female engineer at Google. She remained with Google for a long time before deciding to take up the top job with Yahoo.

What's so cool about the shift: Her $70 million pay package!

Yes, Marissa will take home $70 million every year for leading Yahoo in its troubled times. Yahoo's facing troubled times since long and the company seriously needs to reinvent itself. It needs to figure out whether it's a search engine or a pure content based website or just a service provider. Mayer's job is no doubt very difficult, but she's a good experience of leading big teams at Google.

I wonder whether she'll take some tough decisions to sail Yahoo's boat. Because if she revives Yahoo, she'll make a permanent name in Internet's history.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    For anyone looking from outside Yahoo - the company surviving for more than a couple of years looked slim-to-none. They have nothing compelling to offer, and are just one more of many small competitors in a market dominated by Google. I am sure this new CEO had 'something potential' on her mind when she agreed to take up the new role. She has a bigger responsibility now that the world has set their eyes on her. As Biggie said, she has now the power to create history! The question is will she?

PS: The comic part of it all is that those who don't know who Marissa Mayer is are 'googling' her name to figure it out.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Students are wondering for academic help to improve their grades. The best way to get better in grades is , this platform provides the best quality academic assistance to global...
Dear All, I am facing one problem regarding earth resistance. As I am increasing inductive load on the system, the earth resistance is getting increased (from 2 to 5 ohms)....
Dear All, I need to calculate LMTD (Log Mean Temp Diff) and draw LMTD diagram for my calculations of Heat Exchangers often. Please tell me if there is any software...
Here's what we call the Reverse KT in IT Industry. If you are a part of the industry, you very well know this situation. Enjoy -
if a refrigerator is open in a room and fan is also open, what will happen to the room temperature???