XOLO Q600s Offers Android KitKat On A Quad-Core Processor For Rs. 7,499

In order to compete with the recently launched Moto E Launched In India; Goes For Sale At Midnight On Flipkart For Rs. 6,999, regional smartphone manufacturer XOLO has launched its new Android smartphone, the Q600s in the market. The Android KitKat smartphone starts off the features list on #-Link-Snipped-# by boasting about its 7.9mm slim design. The XOLO Q600s sports a 4.5 inch IPS panel display that uses One Glass Solution and Full Lamination display technology. The display has a qHD (960x540 pixels) resolution and a pixels per inch figure of 244 ppi. Underneath the hood we find a Broadcom BCM 23550 chipset that houses a 1.2 GHz quad core processor, 312 MHz Videocore IV GPU and 1GB of RAM which can easily handle the Android 4.4 (KitKat) OS.

XOLO Q600s (1) XOLO Q600s (2)

The XOLO Q600s is a Dual SIM handset that features connectivity options like 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB with on-the-go cable support and Wi-Fi. While the internal memory is a paltry 4GB, it allows you to expand that storage to up to 64GB with the help of a microSD card slot. The rear 5 MP camera sensor on the XOLO Q600s is accompanied with a flash and is capable of recording 720p HD resolution videos. The front VGA sensor might disappoint selfie enthusiasts but it does a decent job of handling online and operator video calls. The XOLO Q600s is powered by a 2000mAh battery which is claimed by the company to offer up to 449 hours of standby, 24 hours of talk time, 5 hours of web browsing and 35 hours of music playback. Although the smartphone comes with a price tag of Rs. 8499, it is being sold at #-Link-Snipped-# at a special introductory price of Rs. 7,499.

So is the XOLO Q600s a Moto E killer? Let us know your views in the comment section below.

Replies

• Sharvari Panchbhai
    Sharvari Panchbhai
    Both the devices have same price range and similar features.But, Moto E does not have front camera.Recently, Motorola has launched many successful devices due to which Xolo Q600S will find it somewhat difficult to compete.Then again, with faster processor and better battery ,might entice buyers to buy Xolo Q600S.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Xolo Q600S looks better than Moto E. Camera is good factor and as they are in same price range I am sure it's going to give good competition to Moto E.

Why Xolo has partnership with SnapDeal? I hate SnapDeal !
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    xolo is so cool with their specs but i bet the price will be affecting if they change their introductory price to higher price to>Higher8k .
    I like the features like USB on the go and this secondary cam does decent job.

If priced around 7 to 7.5 K , Xolo would be the winner.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Looks like XOLO has spend some time to come up with a great design. The XOLO Q600 wins the race when it comes to looks; also benefit of front camera is giving it a edge over MOTO E.

However, I am still doubtful, if it will become first choice when one will put it in front of Micromax unite 2 or Lava Iris X1?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    1.2 GHz seems to be the limit for A7 in 28nm. I love the competition that is happening in ARM, few cellular connectivity addition like DSDS & DSDA (BCM is pretty better than MediaTek when we talk about cellular/base-band technology) and these chip manufacturers 'can' overtake Qualcomm.

I don't like this device, not because I am Moto E owner & you're comparing with it, but the look is terrible. I am fond of curves!

Actually, In hardware section, this device beats the hell outta Moto E. Dual core is huge stress on processor's performance, Quad-core have more flexibility in threading. However, it's juice drainer compared to dual-core. 2000mAh won't last as much as it is going to last in 1980 mAh of E.

I don't trust Broadcomm though, had rough days in past due to their processors. My old device uses BCM21553 & they published their codes this year i.e after 2 years of launch, that is insane. Made our life hell as no developers were able to port CM9/CM10 to Y until now. Well, that's another story.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of my relative is doing videography now he wants to purchase some drones so it makes a Arial videography easy and cool. I was searching for the best drone...
So, it was high time that we had an official page to display who the moderators were and what they do. I collected a short bio and photographs of the...
Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) has officially confirmed the launch of the new Honda Mobilio MPV in India next month. Based on the Brio hatchback platform, this seven-seater multi-purpose-vehicle is...
Tractor Beam has become a reality. Straight from science fiction into the labs of a team of researchers from University of Dundee, UK and Southampton and Illinois Wesleyan, the dream...
I have an idea, that there should a tab known as 'Open source software', in which users can post their code. This is would help many newcomers like me and...