XOLO Chromebook And Nexian Air Chromebook Launched In India

Although homegrown brands XOLO and Spice Mobiles have been a bit slow to catch up to the trend, these companies are now here to up the game in the Chromebook domain. Having a device running ChromeOS, which is primarily used for connecting to the internet, with all its apps and data residing on cloud has been the prime attraction for netizens across the globe ever since they were first announced. Acer and Samsung were the first ones to launch such Chromebooks around 4 years back. In India, today XOLO has launched its first smart laptop called the 'XOLO Chromebook' priced at Rs. 13,999 and Nexian, the Indonesian mobile phone company that was acquired by Spice Group in 2011 is here with its 'Nexian Air Chromebook' priced at Rs. 13,499. Let's find out the important features of both new Chromebooks.

The XOLO Chromebook [Exclusive on Snapdeal]

Featuring a 11.6 inch screen with 1366 x 768 pixel resolution display, the XOLO Chromebook wants to lure users with < 7 seconds booting up time and up to 8.5 hours of battery life owing to the gigantic 4200 mAH battery. With access to 30000+ apps on ChromeTM Web Store, the new laptop runs on a 1.8GHz Rockchip RK3288 Quad-Core Cortex-A17 processor, connects via WiFi as well as Bluetooth and has 2 GB DDR3L RAM for storage. The company has made provision for a 16 GB expandable storage as well. The camera is a below average 1 megapixel snapper that captures 1280 x 720 pixel photographs. Here's what the XOLO Chromebook looks like:

XOLO-Chromebook-Snapdeal-India
Aside from the technical specs, the company offers virus protection, multiple layers of security, and verified boot to keep your Chromebook safe from viruses or malware. There's a free 32 GB memory card and 100 GB Google Drive space free with the package. Apart from the power of Google Ecosystem which lies at your fingertips, the XOLO Chromebook users can find the comfort of faster browsing with features like Chrome Instant and the Chrome Omnibox.

Snapdeal folks have started taking registrations for the XOLO Chromebook and you can register #-Link-Snipped-# by specifying your email address. There's an ongoing offer that lets you get minimum Rs. 4000 off on exchange of your old device.

Nexian Air Chromebook [Available on Amazon India]

With this laptop, users can access the power of 1.8 GHz Quad Core (Cortex A-17) processor and ARM Mali-T764 graphics in the comfort of their Chrome OS running machine. A 4200 mAh battery, that lasts upto 8 hours, is coupled with 2 GB DDR3L RAM for uninterrupted and jerk free access to most of your favorite apps. With the Quick Start Mode, Nexian Air Chromebook boots up in < 10 seconds. For the first two years of use, 100 GB Cloud Storage is free and for usual needs the inbuilt 16 GB memory is said to be sufficient.

Nexian-Chromebook-Laptop-India

As you can see from the image above, the white colored Nexian Air Chromebook features a 11.6 inch screen with 1366 X 768 pixels resolution display. The specifications list mentions the presence of Bluetooth 4.0 for connectivity. Similar to XOLO, the Nexian Chromebook brings a 1 MP 1280*720 Camera for capturing snapshots.

Among the list of offers that the company offers via Amazon are: a free Strontium 64GB SD Card, Rs. 400 off on Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player and buyback offer for up to Rs. 10,000 for your old laptop.

That's all about the features of XOLO and Nexian Air Chromebooks that you ought to know. We would love to know your thoughts about the pricing and features of each of these gadgets. Do share your opinions in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was thinking that if i can able to transfer the stored electric power using a wire than why can't we use internet to transfer the stored power ?
Last month, Celkon had launched Campus A518 and now the Indian mobile manufacturer has introduced a new entry-level smartphone- Campus A359. The smartphone is priced at Rs. 2,350 and is...
I have the working knowledge with angularjs and want to develop the application using that only. But i hear that angularjs is little slow in performance when it comes to...
ASUS has been taking its loyal fanbase by surprise every time it launches a gadget with industry leading specs with innovation at its core. With ASUS Zenbook UX305 (priced in...
Dear Crazy Engineers, I am a budding entrepreneur who is in need of a suggestion / advice on starting up a small firm. Upon analysis, I came to know that...